Lt. Commander
Questions pretty much in the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Title
Is it possible to train someone elses bridge officer
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Yes. You simply have the other player remove all their BOs gear and then trade it to you face-to-face. You can then train it and trade it back to them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Yes. You simply have the other player remove all their BOs gear and then trade it to you face-to-face. You can then train it and trade it back to them.
Thanks
/10characters
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-28-2010, 01:02 PM
You cannot, however, email them to your VA science/tac/eng alts to have them trained... it requires a trusted middle man, which is lame.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mctana
You cannot, however, email them to your VA science/tac/eng alts to have them trained... it requires a trusted middle man, which is lame.
I disagree. I think it encourage team work rather than self sufficiency.
After all we are playing an MMO
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimevalAtom View Post
I disagree. I think it encourage team work rather than self sufficiency.
After all we are playing an MMO
I would agree with that. If team work, as a whole, played a significant part of the game. It does not. So to have team work tagged onto something as minor and simple as officer training. Just makes the whole thing feel like an out of place irritation rather then a complete system.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mctana
True
/10chars
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Team work?

All a person has to do is go to the main hub (esd or qu'nos) and ask in zone chat, someone offers, you trade the boff, you get it back with the new skill and then you never see the other person again.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Picard
Team work?

All a person has to do is go to the main hub (esd or qu'nos) and ask in zone chat, someone offers, you trade the boff, you get it back with the new skill and then you never see the other person again.
Good luck with that when you want a 20 million credit officer trained by some random guy you'll never see again - and in this case there's a rather large probability you'll REALLY never see him again

So yeah, being part of a decent fleet with other team mates helps a lot, as does having - gasp - friends online.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warem
Good luck with that when you want a 20 million credit officer trained by some random guy you'll never see again - and in this case there's a rather large probability you'll REALLY never see him again

So yeah, being part of a decent fleet with other team mates helps a lot, as does having - gasp - friends online.
Hence the word "trust".