Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-20-2010, 09:33 AM
USS Enterprise = United Star Ship Enterprise

NCC 1701 = Naval Construction Contract (per the blue prints from the original series)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayenn
WiS = Where is Sulu?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henners191 View Post
I've seen HoT which I assume is 'Healing over time'
Quote:
Originally Posted by TZRaceR6 View Post
USS Enterprise = United Star Ship Enterprise

NCC 1701 = Naval Construction Contract (per the blue prints from the original series)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty_Eyes View Post
Thanks for the WiS, I'm adding things like this for fun!

I have not come across HoT on any abilities, not yet anyway but, it makes sence so I'll take your word for it, thanks for your help.

The NCC explination is a great addition, thanks for that, I've also added the IKS meaning aswell as the USS meaning, United Star Ship makes more sence than anything else I've read.

As for that link Twenty Eyes, I looked but couldn't find anything about Acronyms, but I guess I didn't look for very long. Also, that post "Acronyms, Combat Concepts, And More" is in the "Feedback > Combat" section of the forums, I belive this post, being in the "Information and Discussion > Starfleet Academy" section will be much more useful and fun to! :p

I have also arranged the list in Alphabetical Order, grouped the Acronyms and made it all very simple to understand.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-20-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post

As for that link Twenty Eyes, I looked but couldn't find anything about Acronyms
Oh, there are.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-20-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Thanks for the WiS, I'm adding things like this for fun!

I have not come across HoT on any abilities, not yet anyway but, it makes sence so I'll take your word for it, thanks for your help.
Technically, some healing abilities in space are HoTs, in that they happen over time. Examples: Emergency power to SHields 1 gives you 415 shields over 3 seconds. It's the 3 seconds part that makes it a HoT, in that it's not all at once. The healing turrets in ground missions also work this way. Science Team 1 isn't a HoT, as you get the shield regen part all at once, and then three buffs.

Hope that'll help you see the difference.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-20-2010, 11:11 AM
I see OP a lot which I think is "Original Post".

I also see IP a lot ... I had thought this was a reference to the internet protocol or URL that the game owns (http://www.startrekonline.com) but I'm starting to think it's something else.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-20-2010, 11:22 AM
IP can also mean intellectual property; this refers to star trek itself, all the characters, locations, ships, stories etc. It could be useful to add alternative meanings to your list as some acronyms have more than one meaning.

Also you could include specific skills such as VM- viral matrix, HYT- high yield torpedoes, TB- tractor beam, TR tyken's rift etc

The last one i have off the top of my head is CE- the crystalline entity fleet action
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapaveza View Post
I see OP a lot which I think is "Original Post".

I also see IP a lot ... I had thought this was a reference to the internet protocol or URL that the game owns (http://www.startrekonline.com) but I'm starting to think it's something else.
I was under the impression OP = Original Poster?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callasan View Post
Technically, some healing abilities in space are HoTs, in that they happen over time. Examples: Emergency power to SHields 1 gives you 415 shields over 3 seconds. It's the 3 seconds part that makes it a HoT, in that it's not all at once. The healing turrets in ground missions also work this way. Science Team 1 isn't a HoT, as you get the shield regen part all at once, and then three buffs.

Hope that'll help you see the difference.
Also, DoT is the opposite being a damage over time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-20-2010, 02:52 PM
TOS - The Original Series (found quite a few ppl who didn't know this one)
TNG - The Next Generation
DS9 - Deep Space Nine (both the series and the place)
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:36 PM.