Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Great job on anti-cloak operations last night...yeah I know, you felt that 30 mins was too long a fight, but it was a good fight (KDF15/Feds13).

On the time issue, we were down to only 3 KDF late in the match to your 5...so yeah, we had to coordinate, thats what the delay of several minutes was.

But back on topic...Great job using your science ship as a cloak buster. I was not expecting to walk into the match and get jumped by a coordinated hunter-killer tactic in the first 2 mins. At least twice you snatched me out of cloak, the first one left medumb founded as I respawned, The second was had me down to 22% hull before I could extend away for a second time to actually disengage.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2010, 09:20 AM
What range were you uncloaked at?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooj View Post
What range were you uncloaked at?
Thats hard to tell because of the rapid dynamics of the fight...but I'd say 3-6km when he pulled me out...i'd guess 3-4km is when he inititated, but I may have been about 6-7km by the time it pulled me out during my evasive maneuver(internet latency).

The mistake Imade was approaching uncloaked. i wanted to pop off my Scramble Sensors probe into the group and then cloak. I had no idea they had a bead on me already...he high impulsed to close the 10km gap just after I initiated my cloak. he popped his ability/skill approximatly near my location and pulled me out...his friends were on his tail and they finished me off the first time. I barley escaped the second time that happened...I smarten up and did my best not to let it happen again.

I dont care what anyone says, but the anti-cloak capabiliies of the Feds are alive and kicking. The lack of strategic or non-engagement range detections mean nothing when applied correctly. Its not an easy lone-wolf tool(your mistaken if you think you'll be able or should be able to do it all alone), but Ive seen it applied well for 1 vs 1 engagements also.

Anti-cloak is best used in a hunter-killer group(thats when its best utilized offensivly) or as a finisher for a cloaking ship attempting to disengage. Lone wolfers who want to be the be all and end all of having their cake and eating it too are kidding themselves...but as I said, it doesnt mean you cant be successful with it in 1 vs 1 engagements...you can.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-20-2010, 02:07 PM
I do anti-cloaking on my fed. It's pretty simple stuff, but certainly fun. If you do it right you'll have exposed the target for fire, but unless the Klingon realizes they need to drop cloak first they'll never kick their shields on. If you don't kill them in the time required, just hit them with a CPB and do it the old fashioned way.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepishOne View Post
I do anti-cloaking on my fed. It's pretty simple stuff, but certainly fun. If you do it right you'll have exposed the target for fire, but unless the Klingon realizes they need to drop cloak first they'll never kick their shields on. If you don't kill them in the time required, just hit them with a CPB and do it the old fashioned way.
CPB....yikes!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Anti-Cloaking strats are great.

That said, if the reason you were getting detected is because you were at 6-7km it's because you're doing it wrong.

You can easily drop a target's shields, and depending on resistances their complete hull as well, from 10km if you're running tactical buffs. In other words, there is absolutely no reason you should be right on their ass prior to opening fire.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seis
Anti-Cloaking strats are great.

That said, if the reason you were getting detected is because you were at 6-7km it's because you're doing it wrong.

You can easily drop a target's shields, and depending on resistances their complete hull as well, from 10km if you're running tactical buffs. In other words, there is absolutely no reason you should be right on their ass prior to opening fire.
was directed at the cloaker or anti-cloaker?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-20-2010, 09:05 PM
That makes me wonder, I once heard that if you max auxiliary (and I'm a science captain on a science ship) you can detect cloaked ships nearby at chance. Not sure if that is true, but tried a few times on pvp and i think it might be true.
More than once I did detect (or at least was able to target) a ship before any of my allies, and they (the enemies) seemed surprised, as intead of unleashing some style of attack (what they should do if uncloaked on purpose) they were basically owned by the combined and sudden Fed fire. Could be just coincidence, but usually at T3 the first ship to uncloak is a tank, and right after all the dpsers unleash their weapons. However, those guys that I believe were detected died pretty quickly. Anyone can confirm or deny that?

Edit - Spelling error of sorts XD
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-20-2010, 09:26 PM
I'd like to see sensor scan have a larger radius. As it stands, it only works around 5 km. If it was up to say 15km, it could be really useful and add a nice dynmaic to battles.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-20-2010, 11:07 PM
It's funny reading this post.

I was PvPing with Kent today in a few matches we won (both sides even).

He was in Cruiser however not a Sci vessel but I messaged him after the match and talked PvP "trade secrets" lol.

He is a very good player.