Lt. Commander
# 1 Crashing after loading screen
02-20-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm playing the noob area because I just now was able to use my preorder key.

So I'm playing, and I need to go to the bridge. I go, there is a loading screen, I get to the bridge, walk two steps, and the game freezes, forcing me to end the process. I figure its a random glitch, things happen with new games, etc. Boot the game back up, and continue on my merry way. I get sent to the transporter room, so I go, loading screen occurs, and when I get to the next zone I take two steps and the game freezes, and forces me to end the process again.

Every time I need a loading screen to change zones or what we're calling them in STO, I crash within seconds of loading the new zone.

Help?

Dxdiag: http://pastebin.ca/1803950
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alieth View Post
I'm playing the noob area because I just now was able to use my preorder key.

So I'm playing, and I need to go to the bridge. I go, there is a loading screen, I get to the bridge, walk two steps, and the game freezes, forcing me to end the process. I figure its a random glitch, things happen with new games, etc. Boot the game back up, and continue on my merry way. I get sent to the transporter room, so I go, loading screen occurs, and when I get to the next zone I take two steps and the game freezes, and forces me to end the process again.

Every time I need a loading screen to change zones or what we're calling them in STO, I crash within seconds of loading the new zone.

Help?

Dxdiag: http://pastebin.ca/1803950
First, try running the game in safemode from the launcher options. If this works, start the game up regulary with minimum settings, then slowly adjust the sliders till you get teh crash, then ease them off a little.

Also, disable dynamic lighting as it's buggy as hell, and IMO shouldnt be active ingame.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2010, 05:36 PM
tedgp23-

Thanks for the help! I didn't know STO could run in safe mode, and it made it slightly more acceptable when it crashed.

On the downside, it is still crashing, though it isn't crashing at loading screens, its just CTD every 30 seconds or so.