Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 screen shots stopped working
02-20-2010, 12:27 PM
I noticed today that screen shot are not working for me any more. The last successful screenshot was taken on 2/17/2010 at 9:51PM EDT. Today when I press the print screen button nothing happens and there are no new screen shot image files in the screenshot folder. I still have all my old ones but nothing after 2/17.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Supplemental: I tried resetting my video options to default but still can't take screen shots. Also, the other day three screen shots showed up as .TGA instead of JPG. This makes me think there is something in the game that changes how screen shots are taken and that somehow it got turned of or is silently failing.
Lt. Commander
# 3 solved or bug?
02-20-2010, 09:57 PM
Ok, I figured it out.

3 days ago screen shots were getting saved to C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots

Since then, screen shots started getting saved in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots

My guess is this was changed during one of the last couple of patches.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-20-2010, 10:01 PM
OMG that is a terribly place to save images!

If you run the game as Administrator you may be able to save images to that path (not using an admin account, I mean right click on the shortcut and select run as Admin).

What a noob bug. Cryptic actually changed it to this OMG there is a dev there that needs a slap. Ditto the QA team lead. Ever heard of automated test scripts Cryptic?