Lt. Commander
There is nothing wrong with the ability Ifor one think its a great addition to the game, however there is one problem that has come into light.

Lets say your Klingon, Feds appear normally as yellow to you. Klingons appear Orange to you. When your grouped as a Klingon your team shows up as Blue. When you get scrambled feds trun from Yellow to the base Orange to you, making it still very easy to distinguish the targets.

Now the kicker, as a Fed you see Klingons as Orange. You see Feds as Blue and when you're grouped with a fed they are still Blue.

Huge imbalance incomming - When a Fed gets Sensor Scrambled the Klingons turn Blue to them, just as they would see thier team , or non-grouped Fed players.

This serves as a huge advantage to the klingons for the same ability, two ways to fix it -

One make teaming not change the color of Klingon teammates. Or two make Feds see thier temmates as a different color than blue.

Either way this issue needs fixed asap. Feds endure much more from this cc than Klingons because of it.

Za'Rex - 45 BG

Zautin - 45 RA
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zautin View Post
There is nothing wrong with the ability Ifor one think its a great addition to the game, however there is one problem that has come into light.

Lets say your Klingon, Feds appear normally as yellow to you. Klingons appear Orange to you. When your grouped as a Klingon your team shows up as Blue. When you get scrambled feds trun from Yellow to the base Orange to you, making it still very easy to distinguish the targets.

Now the kicker, as a Fed you see Klingons as Orange. You see Feds as Blue and when you're grouped with a fed they are still Blue.

Huge imbalance incomming - When a Fed gets Sensor Scrambled the Klingons turn Blue to them, just as they would see thier team , or non-grouped Fed players.

This serves as a huge advantage to the klingons for the same ability, two ways to fix it -

One make teaming not change the color of Klingon teammates. Or two make Feds see thier temmates as a different color than blue.

Either way this issue needs fixed asap. Feds endure much more from this cc than Klingons because of it.

Za'Rex - 45 BG

Zautin - 45 RA
Sorry changing the colors so you can be even more lazy?

I don't understand....
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post

I don't understand....
I tried to word it very clearly, but i will give you the benefit and not assume it was an attempt at trolling.

Klingons do not get affected by scramble sensors like Feds do.

Reguardless of if the Feds are teamed or not they will see everyone as Blue when they are scrambled.

When they Klingons are grouped they see thier teammates as blue. When Klingons are scrambled they still see thier teammates as blue, but see the feds as Orange ( instead of Yellow ).

Making it very easy for Klingons to still distinguigh friendlies from hostiles when they are grouped, unlike Feds.

Za'Rex/Zautin
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 04:57 AM
Basically the requested solution is:

For those affected by Scramble Sensors, make -everyone- appear in the same colour as (friendly) team.

So even un-grouped allies should still appear the same colour.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post

I don't understand....
Aaah fail post at its finest.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2010, 07:35 AM
o wow thats very very imba!!!!

i render we should take it a step further and make not only change the colour but also changes the name of the ships.

seeing when your scrambled no matter the colour the ships still called I.K.S <insert name> or U.S.S <insert name>
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivaris View Post
o wow thats very very imba!!!!

i render we should take it a step further and make not only change the colour but also changes the name of the ships.

seeing when your scrambled no matter the colour the ships still called I.K.S <insert name> or U.S.S <insert name>
i agree this skill could use a boost , i usealy pug got 45 ra on fed and lvl-ing klingon lvl 30 atm (my fleet is lagging behind), i think 80-90% of scenario's are pug (no1 grped), when i get hit with it it shows me everyone same color as all my other klingons are arround me , this skill is only usefull vs pug/noobs anyway and when you are playing with grp or premade i presume that those ppl will just look at ships (model) and target the right one its not that hard tbh.

I mean sounds like ur grp-ed with friends or fleet members the OP and u prob have coms like vent ot TS this skill should not be a problem for you guy's or i hate to say it allmost never do but i gues l2p.

my 2 cents.

edit: I have never been hit with it when i was grp-ed maybe if ur grped it changes all to blue? no clue but sounds fair otherwise u could still see those that are grp members from anyone els in the match witch means if ur grp-ed this spell wouldent work / be effective or is it me?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Actually Klingons have it harder. To see that scramble was applied is harder and so the chance to heal them up when you fire your own heals is higher.

You would rather target an enemy (you need to shoot it) and fire a heal (because it goes off on you), than you target an enemy and apply a heal on them because you see they have low health.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Hey man , the fact of the imbalance doesnt affect me , i still know what im doing. Its simply not fair reguardless for it to more affect one faction versus another.

The responses talking about QQ etc is just plain stupid. This is a feedback forum and i have given feedback to an inbalance.

Some of you folks are so used to comming here and responding to crap QQ threads you will blatently disreguard a real issue and call it QQ.

Say what you will about ship name labels etc. However it still makes it easier to deal with this CC when you still see your enemies as a different color vs seeing them as the same.

I am primarally a Klingon so the advantage is mine to have as well with other klingons. I certianly don't need any stupid advantage like this to fight feds, nor do i want it.

Za'Rex
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Good call man, I realized this the other day as well and wondered how it played out on the Fed side.

Bumped for justice.