Lt. Commander
While trying to update the latest patch, I get about 6-7% in at which point the activity light on my modem turns off and I must manually restart the modem to reconnect to the internet. It's a Siemens Speedstram 4100 through AT&T and I contacted AT&T customer service and we determined the problem is not on my end: I have disabled all security software, restarted in safe mode with network connections, and the customer service guy noted no problems with my connection until I began to try and patch, at which point the connection dropped. I have been playing this game since beta and this is the first time I've encountered this problem. I am using Steam, if that's pertinent at all.
Any pointers and failing that is there a direct download to the patch that I can download through my browser? All other internet functionality is totally fine. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2010, 04:39 PM
welcome to the party

yeah alot of us are having troubles too....
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkinit
welcome to the party

yeah alot of us are having troubles too....
Same thing with you all too? That actually makes me feel a little better!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-20-2010, 04:46 PM
oh yea i've been with out STO for 2 day's so far.... the following thread's Error 14 & Patcher Kills my Modem ....
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Yep, sounds familiar!
I have the same problem since last Thursday's(02-18) patch.
After I logged in the automatic patch would start..... aaaaaaaand boooom ...network frozen, sorry no STO today!!!!
So I had to restart my router (and only the router!), the network would be up and running again... until I tried patching again......yep...frozen network!!
Regular browsing was fine.
So I am guessing this one is on Cryptik.
I read a thread that suggested to slow down the modem and/or router in order to better manage the high amount of traffic during the patch-process.
So I went into my router's settings and changed my wireless setting from Auto108Mbps to "b" only, which slows my router down to about 11Mbps.
I logged into my account, the patch started.......and guess what.....IT WORKED. For the first time since wednesday evening I was able to do some exploring in STO

I am located in Cincinnati, have Insight Broadband10.0, Windows XP SP3, Cable Modem from RCA Thomson (which did not seem to be the problem in my setup!), Netgear Router WGT624 V.3 (which I changed to wireless"b" only).
Netgear Wireless Adapter WG311T.
After the patch finished, I set my router back to Auto108Mbps and was able to log in and play!
Hope that helps!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Amazing, I tried the same thing with my 2wire modem, set it down to b, and tada it works.

Thanks for the advice!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkinit
oh yea i've been with out STO for 2 day's so far.... the following thread's Error 14 & Patcher Kills my Modem ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbongboo View Post
Same thing with you all too? That actually makes me feel a little better!
if both of you could down laod and run this see if this helps this is a patch for the loader my father had same probs and this fixed it! the dread error 14

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/114641/StarTrekOnlineTest.zip
Lt. Commander
# 8 the fix
02-22-2010, 07:18 AM
Hi I just had to add this.

I've been constantly blocked since friday with the whole log in crash deal. I've read a lot of posts trying to figure a way to deal with this. I've read the things about nettest and switching the conectivity in the doohickey folder (whatever its called. may as well be speaking pig-klingon) .

I tried something different. I went to the options panel,and clicked "patch by proxy" and have where it says "proxy" set as default to "none". After three days I am glad to say I'm completely patched.

It took my by surprise..I was expecting to see my modem ( a siemons 4100 by the by) lose its light along with my connection to the internet. Took maybe seven seconds total. Just long enough to spray my monitor with a fresh glurg of cream stout. Crazy!

Hope it helped,and if not..ehh..make fun of me!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Hey if your modem are shutting down did any of you think the modem is bad. It on 24/7 nothing last forever. Modems do go bad. Large downloads will task the modem a lot more then normal browsing. If your modem can't handled it, it needs to be replace.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
Hey if your modem are shutting down did any of you think the modem is bad. It on 24/7 nothing last forever. Modems do go bad. Large downloads will task the modem a lot more then normal browsing. If your modem can't handled it, it needs to be replace.
It is not the modem. The chances of 30+ people on here having their modems die while patching on the same day a patch is pushed out is absolutely 0. It was something that Cryptic did and as usual they are not responding and haven't done anything to fix it yet.