Lt. Commander
# 1 Why is it bad...
02-20-2010, 03:46 PM
To be a fan of the game you are playing again?
I honestly dont get the term Fanboy(i) being tossed about when it becomes apparent that the person disagrees with you that the game is going to hell.
Soo the part I dont get is that we're on a site, dedicated to STO (SO dedicated to STO in fact that we arent allowed to have even an Off Topic forum) but being a fan of the game is a negative thing.
Trolling people that are a fan of the game (whose forums you are using) is considered OK, applauded on occasion, but generally considered par for the course.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2010, 03:47 PM
It's easy to label people as fanboys or trolls just because they have a different opinion then your own. No big deal. That's been going on since mankind began. I don't even play attention to it any more.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2010, 03:49 PM
The game is great, I am not a lifer nor do I think I will become one but it is my new drug and I can't stop playing. and your right the other people on here are some of the fattest trolls I've ever seen....we need a do not feed sign on them...
Lt. Commander
# 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
It's easy to label people as fanboys or trolls just because they have a different opinion then your own. No big deal. That's been going on since mankind began. I don't even play attention to it any more.
I mean, I get called both (which I find immensely funny as they seem contradictory imo) daily, I was jus kinda curious why it gets bandied about so easily
I mean, I saw a dude in another thread that was using the term lifer/fanboi which to me is far beyond a generalization.. There are lifers that hate the game. But apparently not to the guy that used that term lol
Lt. Commander
# 5
Fan = someone who likes the IP
Fanboi = someone who defends Cryptic even after they perform unspeakable acts on the IP.

Clear enough?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erztez View Post
Fanboi = someone who defends Cryptic even after they perform unspeakable acts on the IP.

Clear enough?
What about someone who likes the game (because its fun to them) regardless of the crap that gets spewed on the forums (because they like to think for themselves) but Cryptic as a whole could go hang?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:

Clear enough?
Not really. Especially when the concept of "unspeakable acts" is so highly subjective.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Not really. Especially when the concept of "unspeakable acts" is so highly subjective.
There IS that.
Which feeds into the other thread I have (that Im NOT gonna go into here as thats THERE and NOT HERE)
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:

Clear enough?
Can't be any fanbois out there because everyone's still speaking about any and all acts Cryptic is making on the IP.

Besides, unspeakable is closer to Enterprise.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorko1 View Post
Can't be any fanbois out there because everyone's still speaking about any and all acts Cryptic is making on the IP.

Besides, unspeakable is closer to Enterprise.
and yes, I realize the error I made in speaking about an unspeakable act...
Maybe un-watchable (aside from the fourth season) is a better way to state everything.