Lt. Commander
# 11
02-20-2010, 03:56 PM
:shrug: I just go ahead and label myself a fanboi and cut out the middle man, really. Like, my favorite Star Trek series is Voyager, so I'm a Voyager fanboi, and proud of it. I guess I'm a fanboi of STO as well, in that regard.

I actually like reading the negative posts by people, since my warp core is powered by nerdrage and tears.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-20-2010, 03:58 PM
It can't be helped. Both extremes label one the other simply because it's the Internet and you can't punch the other guy in the face for saying something horribly stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorko1 View Post
Can't be any fanbois out there because everyone's still speaking about any and all acts Cryptic is making on the IP.

Besides, unspeakable is closer to Enterprise.
Hey, at least they had the decency to cancel that after a while
Also, to reply to some previous posts...There are people who consider looking at a blank wall "fun"...that doesn't make it objectively "good". While this game may mildly entertain a few people, it is, in no sense of the word "good". It might be in the future (hopefully near future), but it sure as **** isn't now.

No one in their right mind can dispute the fact that this thing was released way too soon, or do you want to tell me that cutting the level cap by 5 and slapping on a skillcap a week before release was a planned move?
If so, I hope Cryptic's hiring, always wanted to work for an evil Megacorp of Doom.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erztez View Post
Hey, at least they had the decency to cancel that after a while
Also, to reply to some previous posts...There are people who consider looking at a blank wall "fun"...that doesn't make it objectively "good". While this game may mildly entertain a few people, it is, in no sense of the word "good". It might be in the future (hopefully near future), but it sure as **** isn't now.

No one in their right mind can dispute the fact that this thing was released way too soon, or do you want to tell me that cutting the level cap by 5 and slapping on a skillcap a week before release was a planned move?
If so, I hope Cryptic's hiring, always wanted to work for an evil Megacorp of Doom.
Yeah dude,
you're so right. I mean, as an anonymous guy on this board, you clearly have your finger on the ****'ing pulse. Gosh, gee *******, I guess you're just soo important. Soo right. This isn't like an opinion or anything.
Must feel good to be important somewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Yeah dude,
you're so right. I mean, as an anonymous guy on this board, you clearly have your finger on the ****'ing pulse. Gosh, gee *******, I guess you're just soo important. Soo right. This isn't like an opinion or anything.
Must feel good to be important somewhere.
/yawn
personal attacks are so 1990s IRC, get with the times.

And, here's a list of things that aren't opinions :
1. Water is wet
2. Sun is hot
3. STO was released too soon
4. The previous title from Cryptic suffered the same issues, most of which are still present

Care to dispute any of these?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcsola2003
It can't be helped. Both extremes label one the other simply because it's the Internet and you can't punch the other guy in the face for saying something horribly stupid.
This is extremely true
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erztez View Post
/yawn
personal attacks are so 1990s IRC, get with the times.

And, here's a list of things that aren't opinions :
1. Water is wet
2. Sun is hot
3. STO was released too soon
4. The previous title from Cryptic suffered the same issues, most of which are still present

Care to dispute any of these?
1. One title, COH/COV was a fine game.

2. I said you were important. That didn't make you happy?
I mean, if I were going to personally attack you, I might call you a troll or fanboi, not let you know how impressed I am. Geeze Louiz
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:

I mean, if I were going to personally attack you, I might call you a troll or fanboi, not let you know how impressed I am. Geeze Louiz
3. Oh and about the released too soon. Yeah, because the prior developer took their time and look where it got them. Great argument. How's that Old Republic playing for you? Coming out next spring? Hope they don't delay it again, and again.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:
3. Oh and about the released too soon. Yeah, because the prior developer took their time and look where it got them. Great argument. How's that Old Republic playing for you? Coming out next spring? Hope they don't delay it again, and again.
I'll admit, I'm not sure where you're trying to go here.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:

The title build on the same engine, with cosmetic differences? The one title that they didn't sell to NCsoft?

Quote:
How shall I put this...

I...don't...care....about....the....previous....de veloper....

Cryptic got the job, they should have either done it properly, or quit.

Oh, and as for TOR...is it out yet? Is it buggy? Is the answer to either question yes?

No?
Really?
I am SHOCKED dear sir, shocked!