Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Deep Space Science Vessel Bug
02-20-2010, 05:23 PM
This ship isn't turning at the rate advertised which is 13. It turns like a cruiser. I went from an intrepid class science vessel with a turn rate of 12, to this ship which turns half as quickly so its either incorrectly advertised or not working as intended.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2010, 05:51 PM
I think they made a mistake in the discription of the ship, the right turn rate of the ship should be 9, while 13 is for the Recon Sience Vessel.

And take a look at the crew compliment.
The Recon Science has about 350, the Deep Space has about 500 (or so) and is much bigger - like a cruiser.

You can say that the Recon is a more aggressive configuration while the Deep Space is more a support vessel.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Yes this is definitely annoying, I found the same thing and wondered why my ship turned like a cow in space.

There is another factor tho, at least for me, and that is the points I don't want to waste on my skills for the new ship that would increase it's manoueverability but are completely wasted when you move on (or at least that is how I believe it works). I spent the point for the last ship and now they're wasted, don't want to do the same.

I think the bug in this (other than the tooltip) is that the points you spend on increasing the stats of a ship should carry over to the next ship. If it works as designed then that is just a poor design IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2010, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGrok View Post
Yes this is definitely annoying, I found the same thing and wondered why my ship turned like a cow in space.

There is another factor tho, at least for me, and that is the points I don't want to waste on my skills for the new ship that would increase it's manoueverability but are completely wasted when you move on (or at least that is how I believe it works). I spent the point for the last ship and now they're wasted, don't want to do the same.

I think the bug in this (other than the tooltip) is that the points you spend on increasing the stats of a ship should carry over to the next ship. If it works as designed then that is just a poor design IMO.
In the latest ask cryptic they said that they would be changing it so these bonuses do carry over up the tiers in a future patch. They haven't stated exactly when, but that it is something they are looking into
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Thx, that is good to know. The ship enhancements are pretty useful at each stage so I'd like to spend the points there. Don't suppose any devs can comment on a timeline for this?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2010, 01:03 PM
the points you put in deep space science wont move laterally into recon science. they only move up the ladder.. so all the points you used on tier 1 - tier 4 ships will help both tier 5 ships.. but the tier 5 ships skills wont help eachother.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwan View Post
the points you put in deep space science wont move laterally into recon science. they only move up the ladder.. so all the points you used on tier 1 - tier 4 ships will help both tier 5 ships.. but the tier 5 ships skills wont help eachother.
thanks for adding this, i forgot to mention this point. Also the ask cryptic stated the lower level versions (e.g. science vessel) will have less of an effect on the higher tier ships than the versions closer to that level