Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 contitution class tier 5
03-11-2011, 02:20 PM
any plans on makeing the enterprise a a tier 5 ship as opposed to a tier 2
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-11-2011, 03:33 PM
The TOS enterprise? Its a tier 1 ship, not a tier 2. None of the enterprise ships are tier 2.

To answer your question, there are not plans for it; however there are plans for allowing us to retrofit ships so that lower tier ships can be used at higher levels.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
The TOS enterprise? Its a tier 1 ship, not a tier 2. None of the enterprise ships are tier 2.

To answer your question, there are not plans for it; however there are plans for allowing us to retrofit ships so that lower tier ships can be used at higher levels.
I thought that a T5 Constitution was in the works. I thought the only issue was that they did'nt mention if it was TOS or the Refit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
I thought that a T5 Constitution was in the works. I thought the only issue was that they did'nt mention if it was TOS or the Refit.
Possibly, but I haven't heard anything. I could be wrong of course.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-11-2011, 04:07 PM
It was in the works, but has been scrubbed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-11-2011, 04:32 PM
I don't think this is in the right part of the Forum for this discussion.

And there are already some of them, but since its been requested, and was shown as pending or cancelled back in October, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I'm happy about it

However, it might come in the refit system
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
However, it might come in the refit system
If that system does get designed to allow lower tier ships to be refitted/retrofitted for higher tier use then yes the constitution will be included, all ships will be. Frankly, I find that as a welcome change of pace. We'll be seeing a larger variety of ships flying around.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-11-2011, 07:48 PM
i watched the tos movies today, and i want an enterprise for myself, lol thats all, ive already got the excelsior,
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
If that system does get designed to allow lower tier ships to be refitted/retrofitted for higher tier use then yes the constitution will be included, all ships will be. Frankly, I find that as a welcome change of pace. We'll be seeing a larger variety of ships flying around.
That's what I always hated about the current system. Starfleet always had a crazy amount of different designs in fleets so it's weird having everyone of the same rank have only three diffrent types of ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-12-2011, 03:23 PM
I would very much like a refit Constitution.

I managed to keep my Tier 2 Constitution a viable ship until the upper capt. levels. The mission with the ISS Molly was the breaking point lol and that was because it took too long to whittle down before it warped back to 100%. I found it a fun challenge to see how long I could make that old ship last. I ended up sticking with the Intrepid and Intrepid Retro as my main ships. While the Intrepid is a very capable ship, I never found the quite as 'graceful' as the old Connie. While the Galaxies and Soverigns are certianly graceful, they were too big for my tastes. And if you think about it, Kirk and company would be considered a very high tier crew, most of them prefered to stay in their ship. To go up against all the upper level bad guys in a Constitution would seem fitting to the TOS episodes and movies.

Another idea all together, instead of getting a free ship token when you get a new rank, how about have the option to use the token to 'upgrade' your ship to the next appropriate level. That way you could stay iin the same ship that is viable and have a very experienced crew with it by the time you reached Adm.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:57 AM.