Lt. Commander
# 1 How do you take screenshots?
02-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Hi, sorry I know its a noob question but I really want some pics of the beutifull sto planetary and battle scenes.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2010, 07:26 PM
hit the "print screen" button. then you will find them in the screenshot folder in your STO folder.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Thx but where's the print screen button? Also will my osd automaticly dissapear or do I have to manually remove it. If so how do I do that
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-20-2010, 07:44 PM
the UI will automatically disappear.

and as for where the print screen button is located... its on your keyboard somewhere, or should be, unless you got a mini keyboard or something that has like most the buttons off of it.

on a standard sized keyboard its commonly found to the right of the "F12" button.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-20-2010, 08:00 PM
sometimes it just says "PRTSC SYSRQ" atleast it does on my laptop.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Ok thanks guys. I can't wait to take a pic of me killing some spheres probes and cubes
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Actually all you have to do in the chat window in the game is /screenshot and you are given a choice. I usually choose the jpg version.

Then to access image in your computer, it would be public/games/startrekonline/screenshots.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2010, 01:37 AM
Every time you press the print screen key (whatever it's called or wherever it's located on your system), an unmucked image is saved to a folder on your computer.

I'm running Windows XP, and drive C is my primary drive, so the directory I'm going to give you is exactly where the images can be found on my system; you will need to modify the path based on the drive/partition configuration on your computer, and however your operating system names it's default program folder, or if you specified a custom directory during the installation of the game.

For me, my screenshots all go to: C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots

I really hope this feature is kept throughout all of the patches. If any changes to it are made, it should be that the players are given an option to select a directory to save the screenshots to. I would love to just be able to press "print screen" and have the image without the HUD or other in-game labels, text, and so on be saved to my pictures folder so I could get to it quicker and easier, but it's no big deal. I am thrilled that I can press a button and have an image without all of the crap that litters the screen saved to a folder that I now know how to find.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-21-2010, 07:51 AM
Anyone know where screen shots are save under Windows 7 ?

I have them in Vista but we cant find them on my brothers machine running Win7
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McItoshi View Post
Anyone know where screen shots are save under Windows 7 ?

I have them in Vista but we cant find them on my brothers machine running Win7
C:\users\public\games\cryptic studios\star trek online\live\screenshots

at least thats where it is on my W7 pc.