Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-21-2010, 09:09 PM
I've cancelled mine for now. I hit Admiral on Klingons and have been playing a Fed Tactical a bit, and well am bored stiff. I'm playing other games now, and looking forward to new games coming out throughout March. There is soo much broken, soo much that could likely be fixed with little effort that would have a big impact on players in a good way. How hard could it be to add a bit of code in, so that when someone accepts a scenario, they are removed from all other queues?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Frankly, every single MMO I've played (and it has been quite a few now) has had HORRIBLE endgame.

Because of this, I now expect it to suck.

So far, STO has sadly not disappointed that expectation.

Thus far, a perfect record of abysmal endgame in MMOs.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-21-2010, 10:28 PM
I think horrible endgame is the norm. STO.......has NO endgame. There is nothing to do. Take for instance WAR. Tons of complaints, needed a lot of work, but it was THERE. You could DO it. And it at least took me many months to get burnt out on the stupidity over it. That's something at least. Here? Hard to get burnt out on what does. not. exist.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Well JE rooked me for the price of the game and 3 months subscription with his talk of them working to flesh out the Klingons. I guess he can high five people around the office for sucking in so many of us at the last minute. I hope you're proud of yourself Jackalope.

Lt. Commander
# 15 just a bad joke!
02-22-2010, 01:23 AM
lol, yeah guys i can totally understand you. this game badly lacks on everything a MMO is supposed to be.

1) no real ingame community. i mean, you fly around stupidly on the map. and when you want to engage one or do a mission you move towards one of the planets and queue in? lol?!!? i mean wtf? at least some open space combat could not be so hard to implement, to intercept any ship and duel it.

1.1) pvp one more big joke... the queue system is totally crapped and does not even work a bit.

2) graphics, not that bad, but also not that highlinting either even with evertything possible maxed out. the details on beams or ships are just a loveless bunch of ****. i mean HEY DID ANYONE REALISE WE ARE IN 2010??? there are no more i486 pcs around!

3) servers.... all i say is "Server Not Responding" ... never had ANY problem with ANY MMO game, so i seriously doubt it is my connection (which is actually damn fast!)

4) factions??? federation pve + some story and pvp. klingon... like 8 "stupid-shooting-missions" you keep doing over and over till general? I'm just commander, but I guess I have done each mission like 50 times in few days and it is SERIOUSLY BORING!!!!
-not speaking of the missing Romulan & Cardassian Content.
-furthermore the whole space map... how much is it, 3 or 4 sector blocks (where you can just move around in 2 or so for each faction..)? lol?? MMO? Anyone?? why can't i go where i want? I mean fed and klingon fighting and i'm not allowed to pass into their space??????

I could go on the whole day like this but i guess you people already know the **** yourselves...
I was really enjoyed to hear STO has been released, as i liked almost each ST game, movie or whatever.
But this is no MMO at all, it is more like playing Starfleet Command on a LAN party. Speaking of that, Stargleet command had a way more detailed PVP than STO now has, how many 6 or 7 years later? Also graphics is not that much better but we already had that.

THIS IS JUST A BIG FAIL!!! What did you cryptic guys do all the years long while developing???!!!

For this I must say, I have returned my retail DVD box to amazon and expect my 50 I payed to be retransferred to me within this week.
I doubt this game will develop to anything serious within the nexr 2 years or so if there are not massive changes.
Or perhaps another company will pick it up and do an other version of STO (which I would personally prefer)

But until then Cryptic is not receiving any cash from me (not even the retail box!) Good thing I did not activate any subscription yet as I had 30 days "test-period" from amazon where I still can return any good I order from them
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-22-2010, 01:26 AM
being maxed with a klingon and a fed, i dont see how i would pay a sub fee either (still got my 30 free days though, since my grace period ends today)
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-22-2010, 01:32 AM
They need to fix the bugs and balance issues with PvP. More tweaks here and there not necessarily anything major (except to a few Sci powers).

Make large vast open playfields on some of the key planets first with interesting missions, puzzles, and easter eggs. Eventually every planet system should have a feature like this even if some planets are more barren and empty then others.

I think a lot of people would feel differently about the exploration of space and ground play if you could fly to a system and beam down to the planet and explore a decent sized map.

These 50x50 playfields absolutely suck.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-22-2010, 01:56 AM
I wonder how many people will be left after the european 30 day period is over. since the last week i realised around 8-9 pm (GMT+1) in the evening only 2 instances up each with 12-14 people. and that was it then for klingon.
lol, really MMO game guess 50% of those got the lifetime subscription and the other 50% will split in people who stay 25% no matter what, and 25% who will stop like me and perhaps return the game too... good amazon sent me my retail key via email and i did not have to open the game box - so i could return it
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-22-2010, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhaon View Post
Klingon gameplay is very close to an old .25c arcade game.
That's true, but I like those kind of games. It's a shame it's broken and starts with uneven sides MOST of the time.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-22-2010, 03:28 AM
We'll don' t get an answer here. I am not sure Cryptic does read this Threads. They will see what happens after 30 days. I subscribed one year but I am going to try to cancel and to get my money back now.

This game is a insolent in my op.

I played a lot of MMORPGS the last years P2P and F2P. Even F2P MMOs has more content and better PvP than StO got.