Lt. Commander
# 11
02-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Areoch View Post
I was basing it more off how Warhammer Online worked
That there would be open pvp sectors with control points scattered around it. As you fly to them opposite faction players could show up as enemy contacts on the main map and you could chase one or evade them like you do with the NPC ones.
I Loved that mechanic in Warhammer Online; it worked really well when you had a lot of people in the zone. Unfortunately, they spread their player population out over wayyy too many servers in the beginning, and you couldn't get good RvR combat going.

I love this game - really, I do. But in order to have those kind of open RvR "lakes" (as WAR termed them), you can't have the instancing that we have now, at least in those areas. Otherwise you're just fragmenting your players across the instances, just like WAR did it across their servers.

I'm hopeful that there can be some changes made to the underlying architecture of the game to cut down on the instancing or allow these kind of open zones, at least for PvP purposes. I don't mind the instancing for PvE; I was very comfortable with it in Guild Wars. But for some truly epic PvP, I'm with you; I would love to see an open PvP zone. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Here we go Cryptic ... another graet idea to use ...

Wolfram
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-28-2010, 01:34 PM
bump for the great idea
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostpinky View Post
bump for the great idea
great ideas never get responses, sadly.