Lt. Commander
# 11
02-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiella View Post
Don't think it's been 6 weeks yet .

Feb 2 +1 week from headstart or so.

Including open beta time?

And ya it's not unpossible to not reach the level cap in a short time in this game .
Yeah I guess You are right. Had Jan 2 in my head.

Been here since headstart.

At any rate...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithomed
I will not pay to beta test so any bugs I found at Admiral did not get reported. Cryptic is responsible for playtesting not me.
All released games have bugs. If players don't complain about them, the devs may never realize that they exist.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Kirk on his 5 year mission:
K: Bones, this is great! Meeting hot alien women, shooting Klingons, having conversations with Metrons and this huge gateway Guardian that talks!
Bones: Yes yes, I know. You forgot the part of those red shirts that were killed
K: Yes well, they just needed to level up so they don't get 1 shot
B: ...

Kirk and crew end 5 year mission, Kirk gets promoted to Admiral:
K: Yes! I'm Rear Admiral! Yeah! Bow to me, I am leet!
Spock: ... fascinating
B: Good, now maybe a more responsible captain can show up to take command
---some time passes---
K: Bones, RA5 is no fun, I'm bored
B: ...
K: Bones, I'm bored!
B: Go watch a movie
K: K ... Bones, I'm bored!!!!1!11!11!!!
B: Ok, go take command of the Enterprise Jim. Be sure to do something stupid like violate orders so you can get demoted back
K: OK!

Moral of the story: Not really sure, but even Kirk knows from experience that hitting RA5 sucks
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-21-2010, 09:44 AM
BTW, I've got a commander engineer on a cruise and a fresh LCMDR on her new nova science wessel.

Yes... wessel. And not about to quit anytime soon.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-21-2010, 09:56 AM
So basically for your sunday roast dinner you was only given two roast potatoes and rather than asking for your full moneys worth, at least 6, you would rather eat thoes 2 potatoes really, really slowly and proudly proclaim on the forums how awesome it is to take mini bites out of your lackluster meal.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlockingsky View Post
all the disconnects and server not responding is killing my leveling experience. that summarize my STO experience.
I would check with your ISP. I had some problems in the past and it was my isp. I have not been DC'd or had server not responding in 2 weeks now. Just a friendly suggestion

I am also leveling slowly and am not doing it purposefully. I play fairly regularly. 3 days 8 hours so far played time. I am going at a fun and comfortable pace and really enjoying the game so far. There is a lot of work to do. But I am patient. I can't wait to explore our own solar system.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-21-2010, 09:59 AM
I've been playing since the headstart and, although I don't have an admiral rank, I do have a lieutenant commander rank engineer officer, lieutenant commander rank tactical officer(in the Klingon faction), and a Commander science officer. I've played a fair bit but I have taken a few days off from playing.

I'm glad the leveling process isn't as slow as games like Lineage 2, Lord of the Rings, ****, & City of Heroes - that's the reason I quit games like those.. I didn't have enough time to level up properly and never found leveling enjoyable in those games. World of ******** is the only MMO I've played that had a fairly lengthy level grind but was overall an enjoyable experience because of the sheer number of interesting quests and variety of places to explore.

I do have one big complaint about STO and it's that there isn't a lot to do outside of running missions. There's very little to explore just for the fun of it (the starbases are all small and can be explored entirely in under a couple minutes; same goes for the few planets like Andoria, Vulcan, etc.. that you can beam down to without a mission or purpose). In WoW I could spend hours just exploring the dozens of zones, finding vanity pets, getting new mounts, achievements(the silly/fun ones), fishing, crafting, even playing the auction house.

So far, I can only see STO holding a few months of enjoyment for me unless they add a lot more.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-21-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
Moral of the story: Not really sure, but even Kirk knows from experience that hitting RA5 sucks
ROFL. Hmmm perhaps Starfleet should demote all admirals back to captain but give them sufficient reward to acknowlege their dedication to the service? E.g. let them keep their ships but make them Captain 6, and work towards Captain 10 over the course of months?
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-21-2010, 10:01 AM
I've been playing since the headstart and I'm only LTCommander 3. I just got my first mission last night that I wasn't able to play in open beta..

I'm not playing every single day, and not 12 hours a day.. but I do love taking a few hours every couple of nights and sitting down to play this game. it's fun. I know that someday I'll reach the cap, but I'm starting to save off "care packages" of equipment in emails, so that my next character can try things differently
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCaptain View Post
So basically for your sunday roast dinner you was only given two roast potatoes and rather than asking for your full moneys worth, at least 6, you would rather eat thoes 2 potatoes really, really slowly and proudly proclaim on the forums how awesome it is to take mini bites out of your lackluster meal.
Uh. No.

I order a few different entres, eat each some of each slowly. Order a bt more of the ones I liked best.

Get stuffed.

I like a slow gourging process.