Lt. Commander
# 21
02-21-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCaptain View Post
So basically for your sunday roast dinner you was only given two roast potatoes and rather than asking for your full moneys worth, at least 6, you would rather eat thoes 2 potatoes really, really slowly and proudly proclaim on the forums how awesome it is to take mini bites out of your lackluster meal.
Some eat less, some eat more. Go ahead and mock me for eating only 2 potatoes. I'm looking at your death star sized abdomen
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
Some eat less, some eat more. Go ahead and mock me for eating only 2 potatoes. I'm looking at your death star sized abdomen
That and who seems to be enjoying the meal most...
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-21-2010, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCaptain View Post
So basically for your sunday roast dinner you was only given two roast potatoes and rather than asking for your full moneys worth, at least 6, you would rather eat thoes 2 potatoes really, really slowly and proudly proclaim on the forums how awesome it is to take mini bites out of your lackluster meal.

I suppose if STO was something that sustained my life and gave my body the nutrients it needed in order to survive then sure I can see your point.

Since you love analogies. Let's say I really really loved trains and I bought a toy train set based on my favorite train, and the company told me that the mountain tunnel and depot was not ready yet but would ship a month after I purchased it. Plus they would add other nice stuff along the way like more trees and cows to add to a pasture at no additional cost as well as fixing the faulty train crossing lights. I would still buy that train set. Since I really loved trains especially that train and could enjoy the train as is for now plus i could wait and even enjoy watching my set grow and become awesome. Sure I can complain that they should have waited and just sold the set after the rest was finished. But this kind of attitude wouldn't get me the rest of my set any faster. And would probably just end up ruining the fun of having the train set in the first place. So I am happy with what I have knowing they will be adding new stuff real soon.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
Been playing since headstart and I'm Commander 2 . Man I'm really taking my time lol
Hell, I'm only Lt Cmdr 6. I'm really having a hard time sympathizing with people who have already reach Rear Admiral and have nothing to do because to me, the leveling seems pretty fairly paced to me. You'd have to really want to level quickly and efficiently to be Admiral at this point, which is a bit silly.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandajuice View Post
Hell, I'm only Lt Cmdr 6. I'm really having a hard time sympathizing with people who have already reach Rear Admiral and have nothing to do because to me, the leveling seems pretty fairly paced to me. You'd have to really want to level quickly and efficiently to be Admiral at this point, which is a bit silly.
Ever think that you might not be going at a normal pace? I got to the point you are at in a handfull of hours dispite all of the server crashes. No rushing, reading the mission text and even running around after minerals.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Of course, I never claimed I was going at a "normal pace" whatever that is. However, I am claiming that I play for about 3 hours a day, and most of that time it spent doing missions and yet I'm not even a Commander yet. I don't spend a lot of time just standing around, chatting, or browsing the exchange, so I do know I'm not going at a snail's pace either.

You can play a game very quickly at a rapid pace without "rushing".
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltec
Ever think that you might not be going at a normal pace? I got to the point you are at in a handfull of hours dispite all of the server crashes. No rushing, reading the mission text and even running around after minerals.
You want a cookie?
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatwic
You want a cookie?
Only if its got chocolate chips.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-21-2010, 11:43 AM
almost... captain... almost
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin_Balam
Yeah I guess You are right. Had Jan 2 in my head.

Been here since headstart.

At any rate...
Last Saturday was the 3 week mark from head start.

So, 3 weeks in and your still not an Admiral, so what? I'm not an Admiral either, what's your point?