Lt. Commander
So i've been doing daily missions for a few days now...and they seem to be on a 24 hour timer from when you finished your previous one. I have to say that this is somewhat an inconvenience to those of us with families. I've gotten to the point where my daily mission is now at 11pm EST...so today I have to login after 11pm for my daily. It should just reset at 12am PST. that way if I want to do my daily mission in the morning one day and the evening another day...I don't have to plan my life around my daily mission (or else lose out on those points for the day)

thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2010, 10:11 AM
/signed

I posted a similar thread a few days ago: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=122183

- How about the daiily missions resseting at a fixed time of the day (like e.g. server midnight).
Why? That would still only allows us to play them once a day (same as now!) but at any time of that day!

* E.g: Friday you decide to play your dailies in the evening (after work). Saturday you can only play in the morning. Right now thats not possible. IF the reset was at midnight, it wouldnt be a issue.

* E.g.2: you can only play for a couple hours everyday. But today you got late (real life, huh?) and you had to start one hour later than usual. Well, tomorrow you can either forget about the daily (s) OR with the alternative you could play as usual!

I played other MMORPGs with daily and the ones with the fixed time system were much better to fit on everyone schedule.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Daily mission concept is a stupid hangover for SWG etc.. This newer gear up should be through PvP not endless exploration missions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadend5001 View Post
So i've been doing daily missions for a few days now...and they seem to be on a 24 hour timer from when you finished your previous one.
Wrong. From the update notes 2/18 :

"Daily missions now start their cooldown from the time the mission was taken instead of from when the mission was turned in."
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadend5001 View Post
So i've been doing daily missions for a few days now...and they seem to be on a 24 hour timer from when you finished your previous one. I have to say that this is somewhat an inconvenience to those of us with families. I've gotten to the point where my daily mission is now at 11pm EST...so today I have to login after 11pm for my daily. It should just reset at 12am PST. that way if I want to do my daily mission in the morning one day and the evening another day...I don't have to plan my life around my daily mission (or else lose out on those points for the day)

thoughts?
Why should it be PST?

The whole world works better on GMT so for everyone not living in the USA we would have an understanding of what time you actualy mean... No-one outside the states gives a f*** when pst is
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2010, 12:46 PM
how about instead of a unversal static time reset, and much better than a 24 hour rest,

reduce the timer to 18 hours.

you can still only do it once per day but you get some flexibility on wether to do it earlier or later than normal without penalties.

as it is now, even with the slight fix, you are going to have a spend a day every so many days not doing your dailies.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITE-Kaos View Post
No-one outside the states gives a f*** when pst is
There is perhaps not the need to be quite that crude about it, but it is nevertheless true that more of the world is familiar with GMT and the prime meridian, than PST.

Even if you are in the US, PST is not the time standard for the whole populace, so to expect it to suit the rest of the world when the standard for pretty much everything else not concerned with local time convenience is based on the prime meridian, is not a little selfish.

Al
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITE-Kaos View Post
Why should it be PST?

The whole world works better on GMT so for everyone not living in the USA we would have an understanding of what time you actualy mean... No-one outside the states gives a f*** when pst is

OK then put it to reset daily at 12:00am GMT. Point is some of us have lives and want to do quests in the morning one day, noon another, and evening another. It should be up to us when we can do the daily...not a 24-hour timer.