Lt. Commander
# 21
02-21-2010, 11:47 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithie
No no no, you got it all wrong.

Liberals do Star Trek.

Conservatives do Star Gate.
Depending on the Star Trek series, It seems mixed betweek a 'liberal' tone and a 'conservative" tone.

TOS: definately a conservative tone. Chicks in mini skirts, and Kirk "F"ing or killing everything...
TNG: definately a liberal tone. It was also nicknamed "Star Morals" or "Liberal Trek"
DS9: more conservative. less PC. My favorite of the series
VOY: more liberal. Hell, the only casting for captain were females ... very PC (and sexist in my opinion)
ENT: more conservative ... the wild wild west. They started thinking liberal until they realized that most other races in the galaxy had better ray-guns and were trying to kill them. It's funny how many liberals change their mind set under this scenerio.

Just my humble opinion watching these series....
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-21-2010, 12:11 PM
levelling is way too easy, to the point it started to bore me to tears.

i agree with every comment that states this game is dumbed down and on the extreme side of casual. fine if your busy lifestyles dictate you can only play for 5 minutes a day but we all have differing amounts of leisuretime to spare. ultimately, why bash someone for playing 5 hours a day over someone who plays it for 1 hour, it doesnt matter.

i stopped playing a week agao with a level or so to hit captain. this games biggest fail was not addressing the balance and its ruined the fun for me. lack of content aside, as i reach higher levels it gets easier and easier.

the equipment is a joke also. by equipping gear that is concieveably 10 levels above your current level makes a mokery of the term RPG in this case. no RPG i every played would allow a level 13 sword on a level 3 player, why so in STO?

i liked this game for 3 weeks, the more i play it the less content i became.

people dont want to play WoW because they are sick of the sight of it. most probably they are trek fans also and the least cryptic could have done was make a decent job of STO. no point cryptic making more MMOs as after this, no one will trust them ever again.

theres still time to turn this around but ive lost my optimism.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-21-2010, 12:18 PM
I think people were probably hitting max level first week or two in the games you mention OP.

As far as too many Admirals, it doesn't really matter. It's not like as an Admiral you can order around a player that is an ensign. 'Admiral' is just a title in this game, as is every other rank.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-21-2010, 12:30 PM
I demand equal rights for indians..or at least flying t-pee's
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Save.A.HO View Post
How long will this game last if everybody makes admiral within 3 weeks? Flying around SOL or even that starbase 39 instance, I see more admirals than I do lieutenants. This game is way too easy and 'dumbed down'.

I don't remember taking only 3 weeks to make level 50 in EQ or WOW when they first came out.

Is this the way the general population mindset is heading? "make it easy" , "don't make me think too much", "make sure you don't offend me", "hold my hand through everything", "It's too stresssful"...

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea.
I agree. Its ridiculous, and its getting worse for every year.
Stupidity is no longer something that is "accepted", its "wanted" and sought after like some great price. Everything has to be as stupid as possible to be OK with the sheep people.
Its amazing. A social phenomenon.

Thinking people are rare today. If you happen to be one of the few who can use their brain and figure problems out, adapt to difficult situations and in general are intelligent in the way nature wants you to be... your "hardcore"...?
NO IM NOT. I just use my brain!

To all those who can think, I salute you.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calendor
Agreed. What an awfully racist comment to Indians!
Do you mean Native Americans or people from that Asian territory called India?

Since I am off topic here, anyone even remotely near NYC, if you like Indian food, you
have GOT to try a place called "Mint". Absolutely superb food and excellent customer service.

ok...I'm done being off topic.

On topic, I agree with whom ever said you will see ranks close to your own because your
most likely doing the same set of missions. I am in Borg space right now, if I saw a Lt or a Cmdr
I would think, there goes the living dead.

On a side note, I did see a Runabout in a battle group engaged with the Borg. Now that guy
has a pair.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Securion View Post
I agree. Its ridiculous, and its getting worse for every year.
Stupidity is no longer something that is "accepted", its "wanted" and sought after like some great price. Everything has to be as stupid as possible to be OK with the sheep people.
Its amazing. A social phenomenon.

Thinking people are rare today. If you happen to be one of the few who can use their brain and figure problems out, adapt to difficult situations and in general are intelligent in the way nature wants you to be... your "hardcore"...?

To all those who can think, I salute you.
Agree'd.

Agree with the poster too, game is WAY too easy, holds your hand WAY too much(who the hell couldn't find sulu, I mean really how do these people manage to stay alive)and leveling is WAY too fast.

That is it's way too easy as an eng/cruiser the whole way through the game and yes it does get easier as you get higher if that's even possible. The game has nothing long term in it but if it had been harder and you know maybe I died once in a while, add to that less skill points for doing stupidly easy/fast stuff then it would of taken much longer to get to a point where there is nothing to do.

Oh yea I have an RA5(/played less than 5 days to reach whilst also doing LOTS of crafting and a fair amount of doing nothing)and a Cap3 on Klingon side(/played between 2 and 3 days can't rememeber).
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Hello,

please leave politics out of this discussion in future posts -> Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines

Much thanks,

Dionaea
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
>>implying grinding away mob after mob in games like **** is using one's brain.

Quote:

That is it's way too easy as an eng/cruiser the whole way through the game and yes it does get easier as you get higher if that's even possible. The game has nothing long term in it but if it had been harder and you know maybe I died once in a while, add to that less skill points for doing stupidly easy/fast stuff then it would of taken much longer to get to a point where there is nothing to do.
You're confusing lack of content with complexity.

The combat system and skill customization/combination is much more complex and has more depth than most the other MMOs mentioned in this thread. The problem is the lack of content and the lack of effectiveness in scaling what content there is to player pace.

Two completely different issues. The fact that you're levelling up too quickly has nothing do with how "casual" the game is.

I can get to level 30 in Demon's Souls in three days. Is Demon's Souls easy or casual?