Lt. Commander
# 11
02-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaelros
I did that, and I still have the same problem.
In that case, you might be stuck with doing a full reinstall

Before you got hat far though, take all the .hogg files and copy them to a seperate folder, then delete your installation. Reinstall the launcher, then copy the hogg files back. If that doesnt work, then looks liek you may need to reinstall.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-21-2010, 01:56 PM
A full reinstall was the first thing I tried this morning before going to the forums...
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Quote:
A full reinstall was the first thing I tried this morning before going to the forums...

In that case, theres something weird on your system then thats conflicting with the game .

Can i ask what exactly were you doing when you had these messages? Was it on loading to a new zone, specific combat, anything like that.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-21-2010, 02:08 PM
It first happened when I got to the Kinjun III part of the clearing the Cardassia system mission. I was beaming down to the planet, and as the away mission does its little 360 camera pan when it first loads, my screen freezes with the music skipping. This now happens whenever I try to do a ground mission other than pvp.

I just got to this point in the game on Friday night, just after the most recent patch, and everything else still functions normally. Prior to this I can only think a few times when this happened (including my OB play), and its always on away missions.

Edit : Attempting a fresh download/install.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-21-2010, 03:32 PM
does this info help at all?

http://pastebin.com/m234e1a2a
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-21-2010, 03:56 PM
.hogg problem, if you've got enough space, backup all the .hogg in your E:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online folder when it's work, since the launcher fails to detect any type of corruption or errors. If you haven't enough space, feel free to delete them and redownload all 7+ gigs, less you know which one's crashing it.

Crashing on ground, turn off dynamic lighting, course this only applied to ATI.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
does this info help at all?

http://pastebin.com/m234e1a2a
Your system is just above min req's. It will still run the game though, but DONT push it above medium settings, as the GPU and probably CPU will start to strain and throw out random errors like your seeing.

Try putting the graphics to low-medium and see if you get a crash again. (Disable dynamic lighting too, and post processing)

If it works, slowly raise the sliders in the video options, until you encounter the crash again. When you do, ease it back a little to find the "sweet spot"
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-21-2010, 04:19 PM
I realize my laptop is just above the minimums, but until my tax returns come in, my desktop is below them...

I suppose my real purpose is trying to figure out why it just started doing it this weekend. Ever since the last patch came out, it happens everytime I try to do a ground mission. And yes, I do have dynamic lighting turned off.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Last patch does seem to have mess with my graphics a bit, missing visual effects least more often than before, and once my bridge officers disappeared and anything they were fighting would vanish completely too. Anyways, 256 is pretty low for graphics memory these days, like the other guys say, keep your quality to, specially texture details. Do keep off anti-aliasing and aniscoptic filtering as those will expand your memory usage almost exponetially, as does playing resolution but since you're running a laptop I doubt you have it over 1280x800.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Bhae, try my advice and see if it works. The last few patches seemed to have changed a few graphics settings, as well as the ingame auto detect. It could be the game set them a little too high for your system. If its true, you dont have too long to wait until you get a computer that will love this game