Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Did you guys try to make this more of a cinematic fight, or were you seriously fighting?

If it was for cinematic showing, it was decent. Not great, but decent. If you were both actually trying... well, I don't want to say you were both bad but... that was a pretty poor showing.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otheym81 View Post
Did you guys try to make this more of a cinematic fight, or were you seriously fighting?

If it was for cinematic showing, it was decent. Not great, but decent. If you were both actually trying... well, I don't want to say you were both bad but... that was a pretty poor showing.
this was a sort of "semi" staged match. we had been messingaround or along time and thtas was the first atempt at actually having a battle,i was before trying to max damage and just do some testings. clearly my strateygy was lacking for the particulars in that battle, altho i did get him to 20% hull.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-21-2010, 11:22 PM
sorry but there is nothing wrong with clicking skills instead of useing a binding its just preferance the guy who said outherwise fails
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-21-2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason151 View Post
sorry but there is nothing wrong with clicking skills instead of useing a binding its just preferance the guy who said outherwise fails
faster reaction times, it takes significantly longer to click a skill than to push a button. In some games/situations that 1/4th of a second can litterally mean life or death.

edit: If this were a game like GW (fastpaced competative pvp) I would have already remapped 90% of my keys.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-22-2010, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
faster reaction times, it takes significantly longer to click a skill than to push a button. In some games/situations that 1/4th of a second can litterally mean life or death.

edit: If this were a game like GW (fastpaced competative pvp) I would have already remapped 90% of my keys.
True, unless you still encounter the random hotbar glitch where skills will not activate with key press but will with click (or activated the ALT+ version of the keypress)... or the great bind system which will NOT let you map to anything other than a standard non-shift keyboard or ALT+ (take a look if you have not already - I have cursed the keybind system repeatedly trying to get it to use my G11).
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-22-2010, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgelo View Post
is there something wrong with using beams on BoP?
Digglez is just a purist
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-22-2010, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn

if im ever in that situation where if i dont activate a skill in 1/4 t'h of a seccond then ill die, then ill die even with actvating that skill
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-22-2010, 04:42 AM
Quote:
if im ever in that situation where if i dont activate a skill in 1/4 t'h of a seccond then ill die, then ill die even with actvating that skill
Heh no kidding. I like keybinding more for the ability to keep my eyes on the action rather than on the hotbar.

Now if I could just get the side buttons to work on my mouse. :p
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-22-2010, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Now there's someone who has never used RSP. Or any of the other defensive clickies for that matter.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-22-2010, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seis
Now there's someone who has never used RSP. Or any of the other defensive clickies for that matter.
Or there's someone that's pressed RSP, the button has gone on cooldown, the green light has appeared around the ship, and then 1 second later the button pops back, the green light disappears, and your ship blows up .

[the server code for STO was pretty poor in CO and they don't seem to have fixed anything since then]