Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-22-2010, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seis
Now there's someone who has never used RSP. Or any of the other defensive clickies for that matter.
can you not see the 3 rsp's my bo's have there,.. sorry but it still stands if your gonna be dead in 1/4th of a seccond rsp isent gonna save you it will give u a fiew extra secconds but the bleed through will kill you
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-22-2010, 07:25 AM
example: GW (god I use that alot) - one of the best ways to get a kill is to push out a large amount of damage in an extremely small packet. Also called a spike. If it is not caught with a 1/4th second activation skill such as infuse health or spirit bond, then chances are the target is going to die. that 1/4th second reaction time is literally life and death several times throughout an average high end pvp match
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
example: GW (god I use that alot) - one of the best ways to get a kill is to push out a large amount of damage in an extremely small packet. Also called a spike. If it is not caught with a 1/4th second activation skill such as infuse health or spirit bond, then chances are the target is going to die. that 1/4th second reaction time is literally life and death several times throughout an average high end pvp match
yes and with 3 rsps that "clutch activation time" is nearly moot. in thie video you can see only twice in 5 minutes did i get his hull to <25%. I got off 4 or 5 ful alpha loads onto his un-rsped defenses. One "spike" wasnt enough. Honestly its correct imo, the best tank should be able to take at least ONEor twofull alphas from the best spiker
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
yes and with 3 rsps that "clutch activation time" is nearly moot. in thie video you can see only twice in 5 minutes did i get his hull to <25%. I got off 4 or 5 ful alpha loads onto his un-rsped defenses. One "spike" wasnt enough. Honestly its correct imo, the best tank should be able to take at least ONEor twofull alphas from the best spiker
if you had a full cannon/torp build ona bop you can alpha a negvar that dosnt use rsp/poll hull or a couple other tanking skills and for those that only use rsp i cant wait to fight yall, yall will die ez
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
yes and with 3 rsps that "clutch activation time" is nearly moot. in thie video you can see only twice in 5 minutes did i get his hull to <25%. I got off 4 or 5 ful alpha loads onto his un-rsped defenses. One "spike" wasnt enough. Honestly its correct imo, the best tank should be able to take at least ONEor twofull alphas from the best spiker
I can alpha down a t5 battlecruiser that doesn't use Bridge officerpowers in a few seconds...alone. It gets to the point where hull and shields do NOT scale well at all compared to weapons and damage.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-22-2010, 11:45 AM
i dunno if this was a video were people were trying or that they were just Fing around and were giong it for a laugh, looks to me the Bop brought a wooden stick to a gun fight.

i still support the idea of a 1 on 1 arena tho
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savaage
if you had a full cannon/torp build ona bop you can alpha a negvar that dosnt use rsp/poll hull or a couple other tanking skills and for those that only use rsp i cant wait to fight yall, yall will die ez
glad i dont only rely on rsp ill fight u when ever
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-22-2010, 11:49 AM
what would be point of 1v1 when Sci ship will win every time
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-22-2010, 12:12 PM
ok they woudld have to be barred from useing sub neuclionic beam -_- but apart from that it would be cool
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
02-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason151 View Post
ok they woudld have to be barred from useing sub neuclionic beam -_- but apart from that it would be cool
and what would you give up?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:57 PM.