Lt. Commander
# 31
02-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Op: Could it be because their working and don't have a lot of time too read forums.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yriel
If poor cryptic was forced by the big bad CBS and Atari to release early then why is cryptic advertising with being the mmo company that can and will put out new games every 2 years ?

You fool yourself if you believe that cryptic was forced, if you think about it you have to accept that putting out games fast and low on content is a basic business principle of cryptic as a company. Atari even stated that as a reason why they bought them.
Show me a Cryptic ad that says that.

Yes, the Atari website says that they picked them up and plan on using the Cryptic engine to do that, but that isn't a piece of Cryptic advertising. I've never seen or heard any Cryptic ad saying "HEY!!! We will make every MMO from here on out in no longer than 2 years!" Since this post posits such advertising exists, please link it.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craeshen View Post
Op: Could it be because their working and don't have a lot of time too read forums.
The answer is no. This is a part of their job.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
What I find amazing it the shear massive number of people that can place here what needs to be done and how to do it. If you people have so much knowledge, why not just make your own or go get a job with them and then fix it.
Wait, you actually expect trolls to do something more substantial than type in their easy chair?
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Wait, you actually expect trolls to do something more substantial than type in their easy chair?
since when does criticizing a game for it's flaws make someone a troll? i'm so sick of your idiotic posts. how old are you 12?
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
since when does criticizing a game for it's flaws make someone a troll? i'm so sick of your idiotic posts. how old are you 12?
Actually, I'm a 26-year old former Marine, who's married with two children. I just happen to be bored when I come to the forums.

Oh, and anyone who actually says that an MMO developer needs to list in detail everything that's going on for the next six months is trolling, whether you like it or not.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-21-2010, 05:40 PM
After skimming this thread, it seems as if the OP is upset because he doesn't think Cryptic is addressing what he believes to be wrong with the game. Also, he wrongly assumes that everyone has the same concerns he does. This is, of course, untrue, as everyone has a different idea of what the game needs in order to be improved. As for me, most of what I was concerned about has either been fixed or has been promised by the devs to be fixed in the near future. As others have pointed out, there is a dev tracking thread that shows where the devs have responded to a lot of our concerns, and they seem to be very aware of what the community wants. Of course, there is no way they can make everyone completely happy, and I'm sure that, no matter what they do, there will be those people who feel as if they've been slighted because Cryptic didn't address their particular wants right away, and they'll leave. Their loss, I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-21-2010, 05:42 PM
A reply from Devs himself and he pretty much explains his view on negativity on forums and what do they expect from us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jransom View Post
It's good to see posts like these. Thank you. I like the game too but I would like to see/make improvements too. It is so harsh on me to read negative posts that are not construcive. But I read through them anyway because I look for the constructive negative posts that help me find things I can do to make the game better. Anyway thank you again.

Since I am here I thought I would mention that I saw an email a couple days ago of a list someone internally made of all the improvements people on the forums most want. These things are on our minds.

/Signed
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSunBird View Post
After skimming this thread, it seems as if the OP is upset because he doesn't think Cryptic is addressing what he believes to be wrong with the game. Also, he wrongly assumes that everyone has the same concerns he does. This is, of course, untrue, as everyone has a different idea of what the game needs in order to be improved. As for me, most of what I was concerned about has either been fixed or has been promised by the devs to be fixed in the near future. As others have pointed out, there is a dev tracking thread that shows where the devs have responded to a lot of our concerns, and they seem to be very aware of what the community wants. Of course, there is no way they can make everyone completely happy, and I'm sure that, no matter what they do, there will be those people who feel as if they've been slighted because Cryptic didn't address their particular wants right away, and they'll leave. Their loss, I guess.
Read the post from Securion. You have a long paragraph filled with nothing RedSunBird, there are plenty of others out there.

Phaser blast +1500 to forum troll. No life signs online.

If you believe they "seem" to be aware of what the community wants, they have to publish it. Otherwise it is useless.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
A reply from Devs himself and he pretty much explains his view on negativity on forums and what do they expect from us.
Ah, the boob slider guy. Ya wrong again, if you can read my previous posts I've clearly stated this is not for blind "I promise without substance /signed Cryptic" again. We've experienced more than enough of that with CO and the earlier promises that "we're working on it" with STO. The 30 day time is not set by me, just making them aware that they are facing a possible exodus (I can't count how many "Another leaving post" I've seen in the past 2 weeks alone).

As I stated before folks, glad to have a good argument and love those that disagree. However, you must have something to back it up.

If you care SO MUCH about the game, shouldn't you care to argue against all of this criticism saying "OMG! No! Over 80% of episodes derive from Star Trek writings directly, and the episodic formula fails to work only in pure exploration episodes."

No, the fact is you don't care really at all other than to post online to get some satisfaction that you've "sounded your feelings" against someone who does care. Too bad for you.