Lt. Commander
# 41
02-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrys View Post
Read the post from Securion. You have a long paragraph filled with nothing RedSunBird, there are plenty of others out there.

Phaser blast +1500 to forum troll. No life signs online.

If you believe they "seem" to be aware of what the community wants, they have to publish it. Otherwise it is useless.
only psot I;ve seen from him on this thread is claiming this game is dieing. "the game is dieing because the dev's won't do as I say" is pretty much "MMO fourm troll 101"
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Ah, the boob slider guy. Ya wrong again, if you can read my previous posts I've clearly stated this is not for blind "I promise without substance /signed Cryptic" again. We've experienced more than enough of that with CO and the earlier promises that "we're working on it" with STO. The 30 day time is not set by me, just making them aware that they are facing a possible exodus (I can't count how many "Another leaving post" I've seen in the past 2 weeks alone).

As I stated before folks, glad to have a good argument and love those that disagree. However, you must have something to back it up.

If you care SO MUCH about the game, shouldn't you care to argue against all of this criticism saying "OMG! No! Over 80% of episodes derive from Star Trek writings directly, and the episodic formula fails to work only in pure exploration episodes."

No, the fact is you don't care really at all other than to post online to get some satisfaction that you've "sounded your feelings" against someone who does care. Too bad for you.
I posted the very own words of Devs. Take whatever you will from it. They read all the topics and give plenty of replies and updates. As far as negative reviews goes, i think they would rather work on content then writing long posts to justify since i am pretty sure even they are aware of the game flaws. This is their bread and butter, i am pretty sure they are not sipping whine and smoking cigars as we speak.

Nobody here even once said that game is perfect? However to get back to original topic you were provided with the link but its not good enough for you.

From the very first post you are angry. I suggest relax a little.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
I posted the very own words of Devs. Take whatever you will from it. They read all the topics and give plenty of replies and updates. As far as negative reviews goes, i think they would rather work on content then writing long posts to justify since i am pretty sure even they are aware of the game flaws. This is their bread and butter, i am pretty sure they are not sipping whine and smoking cigars as we speak.

Nobody here even once said that game is perfect? However to get back to original topic you were provided with the link but its not good enough for you.
Awesome, you proved my exact point: there is nothing to take from it because he doesn't say anything substantive. No timelines, features, fixes, nothing. Just a big hug.

Link isn't a major dev communication in one post. It's a player listing of "dev responses" most of them... you guessed it folks, without timelines, features, fixes............ just a big hug.

Maybe all those unwilling to voice out that Cryptic owes us a dev timeline/SDLC need a big hug from all these "perceived negative" posts?

Here's a smiley face for you though:
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
From the very first post you are angry. I suggest relax a little.
NO! You obviously do not read.

(see signature below)
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Awesome, you proved my exact point: there is nothing to take from it because he doesn't say anything substantive. No timelines, features, fixes, nothing. Just a big hug.

Link isn't a major dev communication in one post. It's a player listing of "dev responses" most of them... you guessed it folks, without timelines, features, fixes............ just a big hug.

Maybe all those unwilling to voice out that Cryptic owes us a dev timeline/SDLC need a big hug from all these "perceived negative" posts?

Here's a smiley face for you though:
If you expect a fixed time line you are expecting way too much. its been years since Dev give fixed time lines because if they are unable to deliver at the given date they have to face the angry crowd. If you do not believe me try any other MMO and see if any Devs give you fixed time-lines. its just not practical.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Read the post from Securion. You have a long paragraph filled with nothing RedSunBird, there are plenty of others out there.

Phaser blast +1500 to forum troll. No life signs online.

If you believe they "seem" to be aware of what the community wants, they have to publish it. Otherwise it is useless.
Um... I believe I said that they have given us information about what they're planning, which one can find though the dev tracker. I assume you are upset because, though the devs have been talking to us, they have not been telling us what you want to hear. I work with children, and what you are doing here is quite similar to what they do when I tell them what they don't want to hear. I'm just saying. Calling me a troll seems to be how you can conveniently dismiss my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-21-2010, 05:21 PM
This thread is pointless ranting. Would someone with moderating powers please spare us all and move this thread to the bin.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-21-2010, 05:26 PM
My problem with this game is the server stability. At any random moment my connection is lost. And recently my game session was interupted when the game crashed to my desktop.
Lt. Commander
# 49 Yes
02-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Yes...I agree
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-21-2010, 06:27 PM
I find the devs are refreshingly up front at Cryptic. Of course, coming from EQ, where the devs wouldn't give you the time of day because it would go against the "Vision" and from WoW, where Blizzard is notorious for keeping everything as close to the vest as possible until they are about ready to launch. So after those games and a few others where they simply didn't have the staff to keep up with the forums, I like what we get here.

When they have something to say, they post a "State of the Game". When they don't have anything to say, they do th eright thing and stay quiet. And even without bragging about what they have done, they have fixed countless game breaking bugs and the game gets better every week.

One man's cookie is another man's biscuit I guess.