Lt. Commander
# 61
02-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Securion View Post
I think you should start realising the game is dying.

Theres thousands and thousands of us that wants answers. If not, our accounts will stand at Cancelled forever.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
This game is dying? It set the world record for most software copies sold in a 1 week period...

That was only 2 weeks ago. We're dying oh no, the titanic hit an iceberg. Ah!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylander View Post
This game is dying? It set the world record for most software copies sold in a 1 week period...

That was only 2 weeks ago. We're dying oh no, the titanic hit an iceberg. Ah!!!!
Where did you get this info from ?
All i´ve seen is the world record for star trek fans in costumes...
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-22-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylander View Post

I don't know where you're getting your numbers from. There has been no record set (except the 'people dressed as ST characters' attempt). As for lifetime subscriptions and 1 year subscriptions... 250000? where did you read that?
Lt. Commander
# 64
02-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yriel
It´s even on the STO Homepage :
http://www.startrekonline.com/node/127

"Atari will benefit from Cryptic’s powerful proprietary engine, scalable content development tools and online server architecture to deliver very high productivity-per-employee and industry-leading client/server performance and create unique, high quality MMO games on 18 to 24-month cycles."

And on the Cryptic Homepage they state :
http://crypticstudios.com/index.php?...d=83&Itemid=35

"Cryptic Studios is a leading independent developer of massively-multiplayer online role playing games, with a reputation for delivering profitable, on-time, on-budget titles."
The first link is a word-for-word rehash of the buyout announcement that I was referring to in my post, citing a perk of buying Cryptic, that's available on the Atari Corporate Website, next to all of their merger announcements and board member changes. It is not Cryptic saying that's all they're going to do forever.

The second says absolutely nothing about development timelines, other than they strive for being on time. You aren't really taking issue with a game company releasing a game on schedule, are you?
Lt. Commander
# 65
02-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrys View Post
Cryptic,

We're closing in on the 30 day mark for that included month that alot of folks will most likely be making their decision whether to give this a go in the next 6 months or not. There is an amazingly huge amount of rage directed at realizing that we're paying for an extended beta. In true fashion, you have been silent to the concerns that have been voiced not only from your anger-prone forum members but the horrible reviews received.

We all expect to see a huge post/news item from the lead dev addressing the major issues with the game prior to the end of the 30 day mark.

As an Andorian, I kill forum trolls with a passion.

<ragefist>
At this point I don't care what they say, talk is cheap. I want results and except for minor bug fixes nothing has been done. I am gone from this game in a week. I will not return until (if) they fix the major issues AND they give me a free month to make up for this wasted month they scammed me out of.
Lt. Commander
# 66
02-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmach
At this point I don't care what they say, talk is cheap. I want results and except for minor bug fixes nothing has been done. I am gone from this game in a week. I will not return until (if) they fix the major issues AND they give me a free month to make up for this wasted month they scammed me out of.
I guess you're gone then, because I'm pretty sure that no matter what they add, it won't be good enough.
Lt. Commander
# 67
02-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
I guess you're gone then, because I'm pretty sure that no matter what they add, it won't be good enough.
I'm pretty sure you are right.
Lt. Commander
# 68
02-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
The first link is a word-for-word rehash of the buyout announcement that I was referring to in my post, citing a perk of buying Cryptic, that's available on the Atari Corporate Website, next to all of their merger announcements and board member changes. It is not Cryptic saying that's all they're going to do forever.
So even though cryptic takes this text over 1:1 to their own homepage you still say it´s not their opinion ?
Wow thats amazing... i think theres no use in continuing discussing with such ignorance... sorry.