Lt. Commander
# 1 Requesting Respec
02-21-2010, 12:56 PM
There is NO technical excuse not to have a respec option right now. The cryptic skills system made no sense to me. Still I don't get the boxes and how they unlock etc. And yea I played almost EVERY MMO ever made. If they want my continuted subscription I want respec. And I want to be able to use it more than once. Put a timer on it but that's what we need.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Me too. This is the least clear skill system ever.

a) All weapons have identical dps with minor differences in a 2% proc yet some cost 60% more skillpoints than others
b) able to equip a weapon before you can put a point into its skill
c) forced to spend skill points in a capped point system, so you have to blow skills on ships you'll never fly later.

Cryptic as an adjective is NOT a good thing when it comes to game design, yet over and over I find myself thinking "this is the most cryptic system ever". Skill allocation. Levelling mechanics where you have to spend skill points to level.

Yeah fine once you're familiar with the game, whatever, but with a new character none of this makes sense. You can't plan for the future with a system this...cryptic...with your first character, yet the system locks you into choices you make early on.

And having each ability affected by multiple skills and multiple ship items, and each item and skill affects multiple abilities...wtf. I just don't get it, it's all over the place.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnagi
Me too. This is the least clear skill system ever.

a) All weapons have identical dps with minor differences in a 2% proc yet some cost 60% more skillpoints than others
b) able to equip a weapon before you can put a point into its skill
c) forced to spend skill points in a capped point system, so you have to blow skills on ships you'll never fly later.

Cryptic as an adjective is NOT a good thing when it comes to game design, yet over and over I find myself thinking "this is the most cryptic system ever". Skill allocation. Levelling mechanics where you have to spend skill points to level.

Yeah fine once you're familiar with the game, whatever, but with a new character none of this makes sense. You can't plan for the future with a system this...cryptic...with your first character, yet the system locks you into choices you make early on.

And having each ability affected by multiple skills and multiple ship items, and each item and skill affects multiple abilities...wtf. I just don't get it, it's all over the place.
so, you blame Cryptic because anything beyond 2+2 is too complicated for you?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2010, 01:22 PM
This game sucks big time, they suckered me though I bought a lifetime sub for a piece of **** game.

No wonder they can't get any other VO actor besides Nemoy, nobody else would waste their time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgelo View Post
so, you blame Cryptic because anything beyond 2+2 is too complicated for you?
Don't listen to this fool bro, some people are just plain stupid. The skill system in STO is the stupidest ****ing **** I have ever encountered in any mmo.