Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-21-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadezilla
What did you spend your money on? By the time i was a captain I could have replaced my ship 5x over. I'm not trying to be a jerk I am geniunely curious since I found that I didn't need to purchase anything along the way to make life any easier then it already was.
Me too. When I hit Captain I had enough to buy one of each of the ships in that tier - Intrepid, Galaxy and Defiant...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-21-2010, 01:09 PM
I thought i had my light cruiser selected as i was discharging that.

I found an item stash in my bank so ive sold that. MONEY MONEY MONEY

I tend to outfit my ships through the exchange, i never get any decent drops. must be unlucky i guess!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_86
I thought i had my light cruiser selected as i was discharging that.

I found an item stash in my bank so ive sold that. MONEY MONEY MONEY

I tend to outfit my ships through the exchange, i never get any decent drops. must be unlucky i guess!
Do Patrol and Explore missions - solo - and you will get some great drops. Its actually cheaper if you want shields or engines to buy them from the Ship Requisitions on the second floor of Sol using your exploration badges.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Awww... I know, but i really do hate exploration missions. (5x5 rule)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_86
Awww... I know, but i really do hate exploration missions. (5x5 rule)
You don't have to take every exploration mission you come across. I usually leave if "Approach Base", "Approach Planet", "Aid the planet" or "Investigate...anything" comes up. I'll do the "Enemy confrontation" ones and "Scan anomalies" if they come up - its easy and gets the badges in only three missions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
You don't have to take every exploration mission you come across. I usually leave if "Approach Base", "Approach Planet", "Aid the planet" or "Investigate...anything" comes up. I'll do the "Enemy confrontation" ones and "Scan anomalies" if they come up - its easy and gets the badges in only three missions.

i didnt realise you could pick exploration missions like that!! Thanks, will give it a try. Cant wait to get to admiral. Hmmmm... I want a cerebrus class, luna class, and a star cruiser. lol. Ive got a cochrane/discovery hybrid now. and i feel a little dirty about it, i miss my heavy cruiser

Is it practicle to have more than one ship in use? Like does it mess up your bridge officer skills/consoles/weapon loadouts. etc
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_86
i didnt realise you could pick exploration missions like that!! Thanks, will give it a try. Cant wait to get to admiral. Hmmmm... I want a cerebrus class, luna class, and a star cruiser. lol. Ive got a cochrane/discovery hybrid now. and i feel a little dirty about it, i miss my heavy cruiser

Is it practicle to have more than one ship in use? Like does it mess up your bridge officer skills/consoles/weapon loadouts. etc
Pretty much I find that anything beyond my Science ship is superfluous. I switched back to my Galaxy last night and did some exploration missions and was hammered near to death. I just don't think that either tactical or engineering skills are balanced well enough against science skills. Science skills are just amazing when it comes to battling strong opponents. I know a lot of people love their escort ships but I think that's mainly because blowing up in battle has no consequences.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
Pretty much I find that anything beyond my Science ship is superfluous. I switched back to my Galaxy last night and did some exploration missions and was hammered near to death. I just don't think that either tactical or engineering skills are balanced well enough against science skills. Science skills are just amazing when it comes to battling strong opponents. I know a lot of people love their escort ships but I think that's mainly because blowing up in battle has no consequences.
Well my avatars an engineer, does that mesh well with a science ship? Once i get to admiral, i will be tarting around in my luna mostly...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
....Bwahahahahaha, i think someone needs to relabel that button as "do not push" XD
Oh PUH-LEASE have you learned nothing from Family Guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBbKl...eature=related

If they do that, ALL the Peters of STO will discharge their ships and then whine that it happened...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
You don't have to take every exploration mission you come across. I usually leave if "Approach Base", "Approach Planet", "Aid the planet" or "Investigate...anything" comes up. I'll do the "Enemy confrontation" ones and "Scan anomalies" if they come up - its easy and gets the badges in only three missions.

I'm the opposite. I just take the 'Scan Anomalies', 'Investigate Base', 'Investigate Planet'. I love the Ground Combat & hate the Space Combat. Well, maybe not 'hate', but I think when I had my Galaxy it put me off Space Combat in a big way. Enemy Confrontations & 'Defeat 0/6 Enemy Squadrons I just hit the 'Abort' button & try again.

The Aid Planets are just a waste of time. If they sold the Commodities cheaper & nearer to the Clusters it probably would not be as bas, the Drop Rate for them is terrible & they just take up valuable Inventory space, so I just abort any of those.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:57 PM.