Lt. Commander
# 1 Scientific Mission in Ceres
02-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Ok, I have this mission to scan anomalies in the ceres system. Mission name is Scientific Mission.

Except, the nebula around the anomalies constantly damages the ship for 5 points. That isn't enough to do any real damage, that isn't a problem.

But as long as those little red ticks keep ticking away, I cannot scan the anomalies. How the heck, do you scan, when taking constant damage as the mission requires?

As if that isn't annoying enough, the constant ticking away prevents the use of Full Impulse. So I have to do the entire mission at combat speeds.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiervalen View Post
Ok, I have this mission to scan anomalies in the ceres system. Mission name is Scientific Mission.

Except, the nebula around the anomalies constantly damages the ship for 5 points. That isn't enough to do any real damage, that isn't a problem.

But as long as those little red ticks keep ticking away, I cannot scan the anomalies. How the heck, do you scan, when taking constant damage as the mission requires?

As if that isn't annoying enough, the constant ticking away prevents the use of Full Impulse. So I have to do the entire mission at combat speeds.
I did that mission earlier today on an alt, and I didn't have any trouble scanning the anomalies whatsoever. O.o

Are you just not getting the Interacting bar to pop up? If so, that could be a range error that pops up occasionally (and annoys the heck out of me every time). If you are, and the damage is interrupting it... I'd bug it. But, try getting closer first (I had to be within 3-4km to get an attempt, if I remember right) just to be on the safe side and cover your bases.