Lt. Commander
# 1 I discharged my new ship :(
02-21-2010, 11:51 AM
i discharged my galaxy. would any kind admirals care to send me some credits? Pleeeeaassseee
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2010, 11:54 AM
out of curiosity... how did you manage that?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Are we to assume you didn't do it on purpose?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Ouch! Well, you could try to win the screenshot contest...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
out of curiosity... how did you manage that?
By pressing "U", switching to the ship tab and then wondering audibly at the computer screen, "What does this button do?" At which time, OP presses the "discharge" button and receives a journal entry that his ship has been decommissioned. Facepalm moment indeed.

No, "discharge" does not relieve built up pressure in the warp plasma array, nor does it fire the 10 Forward bar-tender for not getting your drinks fast enough ... do not RP with the discharge button.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2010, 11:57 AM
What did you spend your money on? By the time i was a captain I could have replaced my ship 5x over. I'm not trying to be a jerk I am geniunely curious since I found that I didn't need to purchase anything along the way to make life any easier then it already was.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKillerSD
By pressing "U", switching to the ship tab and then wondering audibly at the computer screen, "What does this button do?" At which time, OP presses the "discharge" button and receives a journal entry that his ship has been decommissioned. Facepalm moment indeed.

No, "discharge" does not relieve built up pressure in the warp plasma array, nor does it fire the 10 Forward bar-tender for not getting your drinks fast enough ... do not RP with the discharge button.
....Bwahahahahaha, i think someone needs to relabel that button as "do not push" XD
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:

I understand. I went to throw a tribble out of the air lock and the lag turned my tribble into my MK VIII phaser...pity.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
....Bwahahahahaha, i think someone needs to relabel that button as "do not push" XD
Or have multiple "Are you sure" pop ups before confirming. Just ask Microsoft, they are king at that.

Are you sure?

Are you really sure?

Are you sure that you are really sure about being sure?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Or have multiple "Are you sure" pop ups before confirming. Just ask Microsoft, they are king at that.

Are you sure?

Are you really sure?

Are you sure that you are really sure about being sure?
then the "Are you sure you dont want to not do this?" just to throw people off.