Lt. Commander
# 1 epic failure
02-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Well, congratulations. A major sci fi franchise with decades of content and resources has been pared down into a mediocre, arcade-like, repetitive shadow of what it could have been (can only guess, since this game is so empty its hard to imagine an alternative)

Have made it to Captain 9, and find myself just logging off mid mission because, this is strange, i've done this mission already, several times actually. Exploration is just the same basic missions with no change. The variations in scenery fooled me for a few weeks, but in the end the only way to fill games between story missions (shallow and poorly written "story" missions) is to grind exploration/fleet action/enemy contacts, or grind the pointless pvp for almost no reward.

Started a Klingon and got him to Lt commander 7, but its even worse over there. Can only grind the Khaless expanse so many times. Endless, pointless pvp for a pittance worth of skill points and badges that give you mediocre weapons aren't cutting it anymore.

I tried to like this, have been trying since OB, but this game is going absolutely nowhere fast and I can't keep pretending like it will be good anymore.

Paying customer, out.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond_Burg
but this game is going absolutely nowhere fast and I can't keep pretending like it will be good anymore.

Paying customer, out.
Lol,1st mmo by any chance?

Less than 3 weeks out the door and you give this comment
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinhealer
Lol,1st mmo by any chance?

Less than 3 weeks out the door and you give this comment
Sinhealer... this game should never have been released in the state it's in.

It's a moderately multiplayer mess, with -extremely- limited content, and poorly designed and executed systems trying to pose as a finished product.

You can pretty much see all they have to offer in the first week, and it's not enough to justify the entry price, let alone a fifteen dollar a month subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2010, 05:14 PM
This is what i call constructive criticism and feedback. i hope Devs reads this and improve their game.There is treasure of knowledge in this post.

Bravo OP!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2010, 05:19 PM
When you insults others you insults yourself.

Just a friendly reminder.

How about some ideas for improvements OP, forget the haters, if they love the game so much and can't be bothered to log in, well that says all you need to know.

Are you saying it feels like a grind already? Or what exactly? Star Trek Online would be a great MMO, lets see it work towards that!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Your opinion has been duly noted.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2010, 05:21 PM
still think its silly and pointless to whine about the expo patrols being generic, could you point me in the direction of any game that does not have generic quests? wow had them in spades and in every zone u had to level up in. i give cryptic some props in lest varying the maps from expo zone to expo zone, some games do not even bother to do that. lets also look at the fact that they made it easier most of them you can take back to back to back if you want making the grind that much faster.

the expo patrols are hands down one of the quickest ways to gain sp period. but you can mostly level up by doing story missions doing deep space encounters doing standard patrols. your harly ever forced to grind on exploration unless you choose to grind on it, or you want some expo gear.

game has alot of issues but the geneic quests being generic thats hardly one to add to the list since all mmos fail in that reguard, and many rpgs for that matter.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSunBird View Post
Your opinion has been duly noted.
What's the point of posting this Redsun?

Your post history is full of them.

I did a large post at one point, almost two pages, and you posted this.

Your trolling has been duly noted.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikotren
What's the point of posting this Redsun?

Your post history is full of them.

I did a large post at one point, almost two pages, and you posted this.

Your trolling has been duly noted.
The only reason I can think of for anyone to make a post like this is because they are really, really concerned with everyone being informed of their opinion. I'm just informing them that I read their post and they have gotten the attention they seem to crave so much.

"Trolling" seems to mean whatever the person using the word wants it to mean. I'm not attempting to agitate people or start fights or drama, so I don't consider myself to be trolling. You obviously think differently, however.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-21-2010, 05:36 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir