Lt. Commander
# 101
02-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebleo
/bow

thank you very much

And any Data/Lore avatar is good in my opinion......I did have the Mr Tricorder Image with Data as mine for a long while till I decided to go with a pic of my main from OB
I might go with a pic of my captain eventually (though I think people in the forums are starting to know me as "That chick with the Data/Lore icon"), but I need to get a new video card before I take any good screenshots. I played the game on my boyfriend's computer over the weekend and the graphics looked SO much better compared to how they are on mine. :/
Lt. Commander
# 102
02-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoyedtheshows
I think the real issue is that they can't add content enough for us all to enjoy.

I do agree that the klingon side needs love though. I came back after OB, and saw that they are going to be making improvements in the next few months. Some of them will be much needed, like more exploration and diplomatic missions.

When they add the ship content, so we can walk around our ships, that will be nice!

Honestly I felt pretty similar when I left last month, but really I have decided to give it some time and just use time cards. Besides I got $10 off of the game to boot, yay!

But to each his own.

They do have a popular thread running in the Gamplay suggestions area about short term, moderate, and long term improvements. And they are pulling from that thread for future ideas, which I think also shows they care.
I am sad to have to agree.......I am stuck at Commander 7 with no episodes or patrols to level up with.

I used to like the encounters but heard they stuck a timer on them......so i'm not actually sure how long it now takes to go a whole level with them.

I think the other issues may be at least reduced to mildly annoying IF they actually had more content for all levels AND SOON.

According to the devs I believe they said they will add a few small episodes every week or so and a BIG one every month........not sure if that is going to be enough.

The foundation of the is good in my opinion BUT there is just so little of it.......even for a just launched MMO.

People can say what they like but I have seen so many threads of all these people that have hit RA5 and now only really log in to do the dailies. This is a tragic thing imo as when all three char slots are ranked up to RA5 then what they gonna do? Keep deleting chars in order to make sure they have something to do?
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSunBird View Post
I might go with a pic of my captain eventually (though I think people in the forums are starting to know me as "That chick with the Data/Lore icon"), but I need to get a new video card before I take any good screenshots. I played the game on my boyfriend's computer over the weekend and the graphics looked SO much better compared to how they are on mine. :/
I'm right there with you.....

My laptop is fairly cool....for a laptop, but I have to have my graphics slider set to medium grrrrrrr.

My cousin is the camera guy that takes all our beauty shots......I have a sweet lot from the Borg invasion of the both of us slaying them pesky Borg with nothing but Bat'leths. I don't care if it wasn't very effective but it looked AWESOME!!! and I might say it seemed pretty unique as I didn't see anyone else using them
Lt. Commander
# 104
02-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
I am sad to have to agree.......I am stuck at Commander 7 with no episodes or patrols to level up with.

I used to like the encounters but heard they stuck a timer on them......so i'm not actually sure how long it now takes to go a whole level with them.

I think the other issues may be at least reduced to mildly annoying IF they actually had more content for all levels AND SOON.

According to the devs I believe they said they will add a few small episodes every week or so and a BIG one every month........not sure if that is going to be enough.

The foundation of the is good in my opinion BUT there is just so little of it.......even for a just launched MMO.

People can say what they like but I have seen so many threads of all these people that have hit RA5 and now only really log in to do the dailies. This is a tragic thing imo as when all three char slots are ranked up to RA5 then what they gonna do? Keep deleting chars in order to make sure they have something to do?
Well look at this way, even if it might not be true, they are making good money off this MMORPG. In fact it is probably their bread and butter. Maybe they will be able to hire more folks soon enough as well as writers or quest designers.
More money means more people. It is of course too early to know how much content will be added in the future. But perhaps they will be able to put out more and more content as they hire more people and release new major content patches.

If anything you might want to try Allods online out some as well just to hold you over for the next few months, and perhaps just use time cards on this game every so often.

But yeah, aside from my insane ramblings, if they only release the amount you stated that would stink. I think that they are just learning how to truly take advantage of their Genesis engine to create new situations quickly for us and add them to Sector Space. That would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 105
02-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Quote:
I'm right there with you.....

My laptop is fairly cool....for a laptop, but I have to have my graphics slider set to medium grrrrrrr.

My cousin is the camera guy that takes all our beauty shots......I have a sweet lot from the Borg invasion of the both of us slaying them pesky Borg with nothing but Bat'leths. I don't care if it wasn't very effective but it looked AWESOME!!! and I might say it seemed pretty unique as I didn't see anyone else using them
I want a Bat'leth soooo bad, but I'm not high enough level for the ones you can buy at DS9, and the ones on the exchange that I can use are ridiculously overpriced. My captain's a tac officer and I'm concentrating on melee, so having a Bat'leth would be super rad.
Lt. Commander
# 106
02-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Can I knw subjec plz is this thread or game thanks?
Lt. Commander
# 107
02-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Quote:
I want a Bat'leth soooo bad, but I'm not high enough level for the ones you can buy at DS9, and the ones on the exchange that I can use are ridiculously overpriced. My captain's a tac officer and I'm concentrating on melee, so having a Bat'leth would be super rad.

I'm going to admit they completely rock.
I'm Tac as well, and have maxed out the melee, when you get to run in and knock back 3 opponents with one of these it is VERY satisfying.

Also- they appear to have "combo moves"
Lt. Commander
# 108
02-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikotren
I'm going to admit they completely rock.
I'm Tac as well, and have maxed out the melee, when you get to run in and knock back 3 opponents with one of these it is VERY satisfying.

Also- they appear to have "combo moves"
There are indeed combo moves, I discovered them while punching Rommies with my bare fists.
Lt. Commander
# 109
02-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoyedtheshows
Well look at this way, even if it might not be true, they are making good money off this MMORPG. In fact it is probably their bread and butter. Maybe they will be able to hire more folks soon enough as well as writers or quest designers.
More money means more people. It is of course too early to know how much content will be added in the future. But perhaps they will be able to put out more and more content as they hire more people and release new major content patches.

If anything you might want to try Allods online out some as well just to hold you over for the next few months, and perhaps just use time cards on this game every so often.

But yeah, aside from my insane ramblings, if they only release the amount you stated that would stink. I think that they are just learning how to truly take advantage of their Genesis engine to create new situations quickly for us and add them to Sector Space. That would be nice.
Yup there are other ideas in other threads that cryptic seem to have taken and converted into Holodeck 7. This is where we can all create content for them so they don't have to. In this situation I think it is an awesome idea but only because they desperately need more content. In any other situation I think it would be an incredibly lazy thing to do.

As for other MMO's if i'm not in game i'm here on the forums trying to effect any change (small or big) that I can to make this game better
Lt. Commander
# 110
02-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
If you were to grovel nice enough i might be able to get you one or two.....I have a contact

What level are you?