Lt. Commander
# 111
02-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebleo
If you were to grovel nice enough i might be able to get you one or two.....I have a contact

What level are you?
I'm LC8, and you cannot see it but I am on my knees groveling right now.
Lt. Commander
# 112
02-21-2010, 09:02 PM
I think epic is out of style. we should be say epoch now....just a suggestion
Lt. Commander
# 113
02-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSunBird View Post
I'm LC8, and you cannot see it but I am on my knees groveling right now.
Okiedokes.....just logging in to do the trade will mail you ingame
Lt. Commander
# 114
02-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebleo
Okiedokes.....just logging in to do the trade will mail you ingame
Thankyouthankyouthankyou!
Lt. Commander
# 115
02-21-2010, 09:16 PM
That is if the damn mailing system would work.......:|
Lt. Commander
# 116
02-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebi-Kumo View Post
Ya, see you expected Gold. You think that MMOs come out of the box ready to go with no issues. How many times do people have to say that even other MMOs started off with a lot of negative feedback.
I just don't understand this - at all.

The poster you were responding to did not expect gold. Every single one of their statements were absolutely correct - and entirely reasonable. They didn't expect gold. They expected something decent - as promised by Cryptic's own marketing and advertising, something which Cryptic didn't deliver.

Both the game and the "story writing" lack content, depth, inventiveness, intelligence, variety, and any sense of Star Trek. Controls are clunky, powers spottily defined, missions repetitive, gameplay shallow, stories hollow, and the progress through the extremely limited content doesn't last more than a week or two of playing.

I'm sure you'll come back and tell me that I'm wrong, and how wonderful the game is (and if you truly think it's a great game, that's your opinion and I'm actually glad you're enjoying it), and that all the other MMOs out there had the same problems (which isn't true. They at least had content to last more than a week or two at launch) - but consider this when STO gets compared to WoW (which is the most frequent comparison):

WoW came out five years ago. If there have been no advances in technology since then, then this would be a valid comparison. But technology has advanced by leaps and bounds since then - making the "WoW was like this" argument essentially moot.

Cryptic launched "City of Heroes" six years ago. If Cryptic are unable to learn not only from the past history of the MMO genre but also fromtheir own previous MMO experience, are able to release two MMOs prior to the launch of STO without showing any kind of improvement over what's come from years past, what are they doing in the MMO business to begin with?

So please, while forming your response, give a few minutes to consider the parameters of your comparisons. A correlation between something three weeks old and something five years old is invalid.
Lt. Commander
# 117
02-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSunBird View Post
Thankyouthankyouthankyou!
I have em.....just need to invite your tac char.......have mailed your account but not sure if you are aware of the mails
Lt. Commander
# 118
02-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelakh View Post
I just don't understand this - at all.

Cryptic launched "City of Heroes" six years ago. If Cryptic are unable to learn not only from the past history of the MMO genre but also fromtheir own previous MMO experience, are able to release two MMOs prior to the launch of STO without showing any kind of improvement over what's come from years past, what are they doing in the MMO business to begin with?

So please, while forming your response, give a few minutes to consider the parameters of your comparisons. A correlation between something three weeks old and something five years old is invalid.
Actually I think Cryptic have learned quite a lot. Their owners Atari also think their purchase of Cryptic was valuable no doubt for many reasons but some comments used in a Dec 2008 article include "an outstanding creative organisation" and "Cryptic's success is founded on leading-edge technology and the vision of a seasoned executive management team."

In addition they were also quoted in this report as saying "I am impressed with the tools and technology that Cryptic has developed to make MMOs less expensive to build. Creating vast worlds and interesting interactions can be very people intensive but with the use of Cryptic's toolset they have a proven way of cutting average production costs in half. This is exactly the type of company we wanted to acquire in order to build Atari for the 21st century."

IMHO, based on these comments and my experience in this game Id say they are in the MMO business because alot of people think they are very good at what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 119
02-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruin26 View Post
Actually I think Cryptic have learned quite a lot. Their owners Atari also think their purchase of Cryptic was valuable no doubt for many reasons but some comments used in a Dec 2008 article include "an outstanding creative organisation" and "Cryptic's success is founded on leading-edge technology and the vision of a seasoned executive management team."

In addition they were also quoted in this report as saying "I am impressed with the tools and technology that Cryptic has developed to make MMOs less expensive to build. Creating vast worlds and interesting interactions can be very people intensive but with the use of Cryptic's toolset they have a proven way of cutting average production costs in half. This is exactly the type of company we wanted to acquire in order to build Atari for the 21st century."

IMHO, based on these comments and my experience in this game Id say they are in the MMO business because alot of people think they are very good at what they do.
I know where you got that from and in that article they also use something like 'cheaply made games' so yes some of it could spring hope and some of it is worrying this is the link
Lt. Commander
# 120
02-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vraesh View Post
It's hard to take anyone's opinion seriously, when they have Spongebob Squarepants as their forum icon. Stop stressing, Lego Online is coming soon, should be just your speed.

I'll bet in Lego Online, you'll be able to go straight up or down