Lt. Commander
# 121
02-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissky View Post
I'll bet in Lego Online, you'll be able to go straight up or down
Probably a more comprehensive crafting system, too!

(Note following cheap shot: I'm still hanging in there; one month isn't enough time to really evaluate it, IMO)
Lt. Commander
# 122
02-21-2010, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinhealer
Lol,1st mmo by any chance?

Less than 3 weeks out the door and you give this comment
yes 3 weeks out .but how many YEARS in deveolpment and THIS is as far as they have come what a joke

also donw with that crappy lvl cap ****
Lt. Commander
# 123
02-22-2010, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruin26 View Post
Actually I think Cryptic have learned quite a lot. Their owners Atari also think their purchase of Cryptic was valuable no doubt for many reasons but some comments used in a Dec 2008 article include "an outstanding creative organisation" and "Cryptic's success is founded on leading-edge technology and the vision of a seasoned executive management team."
(Quote snipped for brevity.)

The article to which you refer also includes, as stated, cheaply-made games and an expectation of MMOs churned out for Atari on a schedule of one every 18-24 months.

Given the real time needed to produce an MMO that isn't as shallow, lacking in content and repetitive as STO is, I don't know how Atari's acquisition of Cryptic is necessarily a good thing if the intent is to produce cheaply-made, cookie-cutter games every two years.

I find that disturbing as the article makes it appear that Atari's acquisition of Cryptic is solely for use as a money-making machine, concerned more with income than a quality game that's had proper development time.

That article talks much of Cryptic's tools and technology and their advancements. Perhaps, then, they do have them and have moved forward technologically but simply haven't learned how to properly manage what they've got. That's what I'm lead to believe based on CO and STO.
Lt. Commander
# 124
02-22-2010, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissky View Post
I'll bet in Lego Online, you'll be able to go straight up or down
You just made my night.
Lt. Commander
# 125
02-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond_Burg
Well, congratulations. A major sci fi franchise with decades of content and resources has been pared down into a mediocre, arcade-like, repetitive shadow of what it could have been (can only guess, since this game is so empty its hard to imagine an alternative.
I'm assuming OP is refering to EVERY STAR TREK GAME EVER MADE.
Lt. Commander
# 126
02-22-2010, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolliver
yes 3 weeks out .but how many YEARS in deveolpment and THIS is as far as they have come what a joke

also donw with that crappy lvl cap ****
This game has been in development for 2 years, when most MMO's get 4+, so I'm not quite sure where you're going with this. If you're refering to what Perpetual had going on, all they had after the seven years holding on to the IP was concept art. No code, just pictures, most of them not even computer drawings, just hand-drawn sketches. Little, if any, of that came to this game.
Lt. Commander
# 127
02-22-2010, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
This game has been in development for 2 years, when most MMO's get 4+, so I'm not quite sure where you're going with this. If you're refering to what Perpetual had going on, all they had after the seven years holding on to the IP was concept art. No code, just pictures, most of them not even computer drawings, just hand-drawn sketches. Little, if any, of that came to this game.
Honestly I don't care if you have been in development on the game for 3 min or 20 years puting it out like STO is today is just not going to fly

WellI take that back if it took 3 min to make what we have you could make that much more before anyone finished so it would not be a problem.......

But since it took them 2 years to do this and it is only 80-100 hours of game play. Those of us that have been looking up STO for a while have been hearing about this game for 7 years or more now we kind of expect more then 80 hours of game play then just 2 things to do (pvp)(1time daily exploration mission)

as the game is today this is what i see being put out the day closed beta starts not 3 weeks after the game is out.

*edit*
Also i have not played PVP in a while but last time i tryed it there was a HUGE in balance in favor of the kingons super carrier that is NEVER a good thing when the game only has that and 1 daily mission as all you have to do at max level
Lt. Commander
# 128
02-22-2010, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Yes 2 years and probably not the dev's fault either......but as I have no evidence of that it is just an assumption on my part HOWEVER they did have the engine already.

I think we can safely move on from the time aspect of this issue as it has been gone over many many times now. what IS needed is a LOT more content. and not just on the Klingon side. Yes they have mentioned that it is on the way BUT the issue is that once at RA5 there is not much to do other than to log in to do the daily's
Lt. Commander
# 129
02-22-2010, 01:08 AM
OP's comment seems honest. It's probably representative of how a lot of people feel.
Lt. Commander
# 130
02-22-2010, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinhealer
Lol,1st mmo by any chance?

Less than 3 weeks out the door and you give this comment
not my first rodeo either and i have stopped logging in after getting to capt as well- everything is the same- there zero variety- at least other mmo's try hide the kill so and so mobs with adding variety in the ways you do it- and also theres tons of other types of quests the other mmo's offer- not just kill x amount of mobs.

All sto has is go fly to this place kill x amount of ships or fly to this place and scan this. and then ground combat is go kill x amount of mobs and then get to the end and kill x amount of mobs with a boss.

That is all - there are no tactics no nothing
and to think anything will change is wishfull thinking- no matter how much content they add it still wont fix this dull bland game!
Sorry but all you fanboi's can say what you like - but this game had no chance coming out the gates.
Other mmo's with richer storyline s and more content/variety have died , this wotn fair any better then those.
Can cry and scream at the whiners but you have yourselves to blame only when this game falls through when the droves leave in a couple of weeks (1-2 weeks then free month is up ) and all the ppl will cancel to stop gettign charged for the next month.

Good bye from another customer