Lt. Commander
# 131
02-22-2010, 12:22 AM
I guess I am a fanboy for wanting to stick around and see the changes first hand instead of coming back a few months later and being behind the curve like most of you fanhaters are going to end up doing once you get burnt on the next game you blindly jump into.
Lt. Commander
# 132
02-22-2010, 12:26 AM
you know whats really said there is so little to do in the game the most i have done at all to do with this game this whole weekend was looking at the boards for the last 2 hours hopeing for some news of somthing new sadly i found nun
Lt. Commander
# 133
02-22-2010, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuza View Post
I guess I am a fanboy for wanting to stick around and see the changes first hand instead of coming back a few months later and being behind the curve like most of you fanhaters are going to end up doing once you get burnt on the next game you blindly jump into.
And these comments as you must know are what is destroying any semblence of sanity in this forum.

You could have said all of that minus the small minded name calling but nope you simply did it and in one fell swoop destroyed any credibility you could have had.

SO MANY people are doing this it is unreal.

Of course though feel free to flame my reply as actually it is amusing to watch people dig bigger holes for themselves.

Why is it that people on this forum can't just debate intellectually without resorting to pettiness?
Lt. Commander
# 134
02-22-2010, 12:32 AM
Yawn-o-rama.

I've been playing casually and having a blast, and went lifetime. My play experienence is great. My fleetmates play experience is great.

Some people play it 10+ hours a day and grind it like it's Liniage then complain there isn't enough content. Some people get bored easily. *shrugs* Not everyone will be happy.

But no, the definition of "Epic Fail" is restricted to events where absolutely no one is satisfied. Such as Big Rigs over the Road Racing, or Daikatana.
Lt. Commander
# 135
02-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savnoka
But no, the definition of "Epic Fail" is restricted to events where absolutely no one is satisfied. Such as Big Rigs over the Road Racing, or Daikatana.
I have to agree here, the use of "Epic Fail" is so far outside of reality the entire OP loses before it was read.

As for the arguement that there is not content or not enough content. I guess Cryptic did not forsee, and perhaps they should have, players logging in an tearing through the content at a rate of 10 - 12 hours a day.

I have actually read posts where the author wrote, "I'm a casual player and I only play 6 - 8 hours per day, and I hit level cap in less than two weeks."

As for those who say, the content is not varied enough. You have combat - space, combat - ground, gathering missions, exploration missions, fleet actions, episodic missions (combine space, ground, and or gather).......Is there something else I'm missiing? What else would you suggest in an MMO?

Please don't say diplomacy, there is one mission I've done so far that was this. Here is how it went, Talk to A......Talk to B.....Talk to A......Search a crate......Talk to B......B was not lying.......Talk to A.....A realizes that B was not lying.....

Yeah.....we need more of that!!

I have been playing since open beta, on same character since Head Start. I've only just made it to Captain 4, and I have a Klingon character at LT9. I play about 2 hours per day, and more on weekends, so i would consider myself "casual".

STO is far from Epic Fail, and yes it does have things it could do or do better. My average interest in MMOs has been about 8 months. I'll see what I'm thinking about STO around then (August).

SWG - 8 months
WoW - 7 or 8 months
COH - 8 months
EVE - 4+ years
PotBS - 8 months
LotRO - 3 months
Tabula Rasa - 3 hours
Warhammer - 3 days
Age of Conan - 6 months

Just to list a few.....
Lt. Commander
# 136
02-23-2010, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodveard View Post
I have to agree here, the use of "Epic Fail" is so far outside of reality the entire OP loses before it was read.

As for the arguement that there is not content or not enough content. I guess Cryptic did not forsee, and perhaps they should have, players logging in an tearing through the content at a rate of 10 - 12 hours a day.

I have actually read posts where the author wrote, "I'm a casual player and I only play 6 - 8 hours per day, and I hit level cap in less than two weeks."

As for those who say, the content is not varied enough. You have combat - space, combat - ground, gathering missions, exploration missions, fleet actions, episodic missions (combine space, ground, and or gather).......Is there something else I'm missiing? What else would you suggest in an MMO?
Please don't say diplomacy, there is one mission I've done so far that was this. Here is how it went, Talk to A......Talk to B.....Talk to A......Search a crate......Talk to B......B was not lying.......Talk to A.....A realizes that B was not lying.....

Yeah.....we need more of that!!

I have been playing since open beta, on same character since Head Start. I've only just made it to Captain 4, and I have a Klingon character at LT9. I play about 2 hours per day, and more on weekends, so i would consider myself "casual".

STO is far from Epic Fail, and yes it does have things it could do or do better. My average interest in MMOs has been about 8 months. I'll see what I'm thinking about STO around then (August).

SWG - 8 months
WoW - 7 or 8 months
COH - 8 months
EVE - 4+ years
PotBS - 8 months
LotRO - 3 months
Tabula Rasa - 3 hours
Warhammer - 3 days
Age of Conan - 6 months

Just to list a few.....
As for varied.......hmmmmm I see you are an EVE vet so you should understand that simply putting space combat into varying mission types is not enough......you can put all the space combats into these few categories......kill x.....scan x......and for the ground kill x....scan x....and oh yeah talk to x. Repeat over and over and over and over till you run out then go do pvp with no DP......pretty much almost afk levelling just like the deep space encounters were in beta
Lt. Commander
# 137
02-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodveard View Post

SWG - 8 months
WoW - 7 or 8 months
COH - 8 months
EVE - 4+ years
PotBS - 8 months
LotRO - 3 months
Tabula Rasa - 3 hours
Warhammer - 3 days
Age of Conan - 6 months

Just to list a few.....

Tabula Rasa - 3 hours. LMAO. And I bet most of your enjoyment was the original tutorial where you took back the base too. That game I kept making toons just to do the tutorial because the rest was a waste of the 6 years it took from announcement to release.
Lt. Commander
# 138
02-23-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond_Burg
Well, congratulations. A major sci fi franchise with decades of content and resources has been pared down into a mediocre, arcade-like, repetitive shadow of what it could have been (can only guess, since this game is so empty its hard to imagine an alternative)

Have made it to Captain 9, and find myself just logging off mid mission because, this is strange, i've done this mission already, several times actually. Exploration is just the same basic missions with no change. The variations in scenery fooled me for a few weeks, but in the end the only way to fill games between story missions (shallow and poorly written "story" missions) is to grind exploration/fleet action/enemy contacts, or grind the pointless pvp for almost no reward.

Started a Klingon and got him to Lt commander 7, but its even worse over there. Can only grind the Khaless expanse so many times. Endless, pointless pvp for a pittance worth of skill points and badges that give you mediocre weapons aren't cutting it anymore.

I tried to like this, have been trying since OB, but this game is going absolutely nowhere fast and I can't keep pretending like it will be good anymore.

Paying customer, out.
QFT.. the game sucks.

Want some "constructive" feedback? Shut the game down, fire Cryptic and start over.
Lt. Commander
# 139
02-23-2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Well, congratulations. A major sci fi franchise with decades of content and resources has been pared down into a mediocre, arcade-like, repetitive shadow of what it could have been (can only guess, since this game is so empty its hard to imagine an alternative)

Have made it to Captain 9, and find myself just logging off mid mission because, this is strange, i've done this mission already, several times actually. Exploration is just the same basic missions with no change. The variations in scenery fooled me for a few weeks, but in the end the only way to fill games between story missions (shallow and poorly written "story" missions) is to grind exploration/fleet action/enemy contacts, or grind the pointless pvp for almost no reward.

Started a Klingon and got him to Lt commander 7, but its even worse over there. Can only grind the Khaless expanse so many times. Endless, pointless pvp for a pittance worth of skill points and badges that give you mediocre weapons aren't cutting it anymore.

I tried to like this, have been trying since OB, but this game is going absolutely nowhere fast and I can't keep pretending like it will be good anymore.

Paying customer, out.
Every part of your post points out things like rewards, stuff, gear...perhaps you are playing mmos for the wrong reason?
Lt. Commander
# 140
02-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:

Paying customer, out.
Maybe you should try Startrek 25th anniversery for the NES?
Or if you want a grind to sink your time into theres always RF online.... oh wait that died