Lt. Commander
# 151
02-23-2010, 11:36 AM
I don't actually find the story missions to be shallw or poorly written. Buggy, yes! But missions like Doomsday and Ghost Ship are actually a lot of fun and have a good episode feel to them. If only there were more of them and they worked properly...
Lt. Commander
# 152
02-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikotren
No code or pictures?
just concept art?

http://suricatasblog.wordpress.com/2...uals-sto-tour/

I'm gonna go with this- There was a lot more done than cryptic let on.
I kinda like the mission window and colored icons better, in a way.
My favorite is the login screen.
Clearly cryptic used nothing from perpetual

Also Cryptic were the ones touting the "genesis system" and their ability to produce mmos' in 18-24 month cycles.
Even by your own admission (i.e. "it just needs more time") it's not competitive with other mmo's.

It could be in development for 2 hours for all i care, I'm just interested in it being worth my 15$ a month.
WOW! STO should have looked like this! It looks less cartooney as well. I'm in love with that Tahoe class ship, why didn't STO use those ship designs, the Phoenix class looks amazing!
Lt. Commander
# 153
02-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopwith_Snipe
I don't think you've taken into consideration how much time Starfleet Captains spends at the intergalactic gas stations giving their crews potty breaks because the Federation has yet to install toilets on their starships.
Toilets are in the next patch....unless the devs decided to remove them.
Lt. Commander
# 154
02-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond_Burg
Well, congratulations. A major sci fi franchise with decades of content and resources has been pared down into a mediocre, arcade-like, repetitive shadow of what it could have been (can only guess, since this game is so empty its hard to imagine an alternative)

Have made it to Captain 9, and find myself just logging off mid mission because, this is strange, i've done this mission already, several times actually. Exploration is just the same basic missions with no change. The variations in scenery fooled me for a few weeks, but in the end the only way to fill games between story missions (shallow and poorly written "story" missions) is to grind exploration/fleet action/enemy contacts, or grind the pointless pvp for almost no reward.

Started a Klingon and got him to Lt commander 7, but its even worse over there. Can only grind the Khaless expanse so many times. Endless, pointless pvp for a pittance worth of skill points and badges that give you mediocre weapons aren't cutting it anymore.

I tried to like this, have been trying since OB, but this game is going absolutely nowhere fast and I can't keep pretending like it will be good anymore.

Paying customer, out.
OH NOES!!! THE SKAI IZ FALIN" TEH SKAI IZ FALLIN!!!!!!!

Seriously dude, relax and give them a bit. If you need to, take a break from it and come back in a month.
Lt. Commander
# 155
02-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
OH NOES!!! THE SKAI IZ FALIN" TEH SKAI IZ FALLIN!!!!!!!

Seriously dude, relax and give them a bit. If you need to, take a break from it and come back when its fixed next year.
Fixed

10char