Lt. Commander
# 41
02-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebi-Kumo View Post
Now your just TROLLING dude. Regardless of what she has or has not done this i no place to start an argument. Why don't you PM her if you wish to argue a point.
Probably the same reason you did not PM me this, I'm guessing.

judging from your first response and hers, you two should shack up.
Try not to have any kids though.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Did you expect gold from a new MMO right off the bat?
No, I expected a product that was;

A - Functional

Star Trek Online lacks a great deal of basic functionality. Skills are poorly defined and last I checked couldn't be reset. Memory Alpha is a joke, and they couldn't even get a reasonable system in for the exchange. Fleet options, uniforms, and ship customizations saved or didn't save on a whim, and the space combat was and probably still is hindered greatly by a terrible approach to the Z (vertical) axis that leaves players "Circling the drain" for positioning.

B - Decently written

The use of a forty year old franchise name without the sense to treat it with even a modicum of respect, turning Starfleet into a bunch of filthy brigands, and the major plot into the kind of writing I'd expect from a dime novel did nothing to win me over.

C - Reasonably diverse

I understand that there are really three basic ways an MMO can be played. Fighting, Exploration, and Trade. Those are the three big ones, and everything else is subsystems. STO couldn't even deliver two of the three. And the one it does deliver falls far short of what I would consider a reasonable execution.

I didn't expect gold, I expected a justifiable use of sixty bucks. This game would be a rip-off if you found it for twenty bucks in a bargain bin. It's an insult to the customers and to the Star Trek name, and trying to pretend it isn't is the most pathetic endeavor I've ever seen any group of people willingly take up.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lethalblade View Post
"Completed"? Certainly not. No such thing as a "complete" MMO. However, a fun, challenging MMO is certainly something to expect out of the box.

STO is not WoW.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikotren
Na, no problem, I appreciate the apology, but in order for you to hurt my feelings, I would have to care about your opinion.

So, where are your constructive posts?
I just went over your history again, I cannot find, for the life of me, where you contribute to the community you claim you want.
They alll seem to be "i love sto" posts or simply trolling the haters.

I'd love for this game to be a lot better than it is, to do that requires constructive criticism, complaining, and possibly withholding my sub fee until it becomes what in my opinion is worth it.

If the games perfect for you, as it seems to be, why bother even reading threads that you will obviously disagree with?
Your scrutiny of me and my posting habits is flattering, if a little creepy.

I give my opinion on these forums, the way everyone does. I am enjoying the game, and though I agree that things could be better, the devs seem to be on top of it and I don't see the point in complaining over and over about things they've already told us they will fix. I like the game, I have fun with it, and I'd rather talk with people about those things than complain about what I can't make them fix any faster. Perhaps I'm just used to posting in other forums in which my "style" is more the norm, but there you go. Sorry my existence seems to offend you so.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-21-2010, 06:39 PM
To anyone who thinks the game needs no criticism: take some advice, go play the game!

Trolling the forums would not fall under constructive feedback for the devs. Set my people.....errr let these people be.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrayl View Post
No, I expected a product that was;

A - Functional

Star Trek Online lacks a great deal of basic functionality. Skills are poorly defined and last I checked couldn't be reset. Memory Alpha is a joke, and they couldn't even get a reasonable system in for the exchange. Fleet options, uniforms, and ship customizations saved or didn't save on a whim, and the space combat was and probably still is hindered greatly by a terrible approach to the Z (vertical) axis that leaves players "Circling the drain" for positioning.

B - Decently written

The use of a forty year old franchise name without the sense to treat it with even a modicum of respect, turning Starfleet into a bunch of filthy brigands, and the major plot into the kind of writing I'd expect from a dime novel did nothing to win me over.

C - Reasonably diverse

I understand that there are really three basic ways an MMO can be played. Fighting, Exploration, and Trade. Those are the three big ones, and everything else is subsystems. STO couldn't even deliver two of the three. And the one it does deliver falls far short of what I would consider a reasonable execution.

I didn't expect gold, I expected a justifiable use of sixty bucks. This game would be a rip-off if you found it for twenty bucks in a bargain bin. It's an insult to the customers and to the Star Trek name, and trying to pretend it isn't is the most pathetic endeavor I've ever seen any group of people willingly take up.
Ya, see you expected Gold. You think that MMOs come out of the box ready to go with no issues. How many times do people have to say that even other MMOs started off with a lot of negative feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
STO is not WoW.
Quite obviously.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSunBird View Post
Thank you for your input.
Sweet......glad to know that you have taken it on board and have decided not to continue on your quest to annoy people with little comments fueled with large quantities of sarcasm.

/facepalm

and now I move on my way to do something more constructive
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Ya, see you expected Gold. You think that MMOs come out of the box ready to go with no issues. How many times do people have to say that even other MMOs started off with a lot of negative feedback.
Basic functionality, a plot that doesn't ask us to forget everything Star Trek has ever shown its audience, and enough content to keep me entertained for more than two weeks is asking for gold?

... Okay, Straw-Man... Carry on.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikotren
Na, no problem, I appreciate the apology, but in order for you to hurt my feelings, I would have to care about your opinion.

So, where are your constructive posts?
I just went over your history again, I cannot find, for the life of me, where you contribute to the community you claim you want.
They alll seem to be "i love sto" posts or simply trolling the haters.

I'd love for this game to be a lot better than it is, to do that requires constructive criticism, complaining, and possibly withholding my sub fee until it becomes what in my opinion is worth it.

If the games perfect for you, as it seems to be, why bother even reading threads that you will obviously disagree with?
On second glance, this should be stickied.