Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
Hi there,

How do you transfer energy from one character to another on the same account? I tried "mailing" it to myself, but you can't attach "items" or "energy" in a mail message. Is there another way (like a shared bank slot)?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelon View Post
Hi there,

How do you transfer energy from one character to another on the same account? I tried "mailing" it to myself, but you can't attach "items" or "energy" in a mail message. Is there another way (like a shared bank slot)?

Thanks!
You can mail items to your other characters ONLY at a mail station. There is one found on basically every starbase near the exchange console. It won't work from the dropdown mail menu on your minimap button.

However, you cannot send energy credits through the mail. You'll need a middle man to complete that transaction.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2010, 06:40 PM
I think how some players are transferring money is by putting an item on the exchange for an ungodly amount -- example, a small hypo for 5,000 credits. They then use their alternate character to purchase said hypo. Voila! Exchange of credits.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapaveza View Post
I think how some players are transferring money is by putting an item on the exchange for an ungodly amount -- example, a small hypo for 5,000 credits. They then use their alternate character to purchase said hypo. Voila! Exchange of credits.
DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!

That is how you transfer credits in most games....
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelon View Post
Hi there,

Thanks!
At a starbase go to a mailbox. In the :To box, type @Kaelon. This will send the mail to all your characters. Send your new character stuff like impulse engines and ship components as they will sell for the most.

Now log into your newbie, go to the starbase mailbox, and get your stuff.

You can't send energy by mail.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Another idea is to use the richer character to buy any items you need, and then post them to your other character.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2010, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Woooot... thanks for sharing this, smart way indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-05-2010, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorant View Post
Woooot... thanks for sharing this, smart way indeed.
Its not working anymore, so i am thinking they put a silent patch in to prevent items from your characters from showing up in the search on the Exchange.....a real bad idea by Cryptic.

I suggest to put in a shared bank slot or something to put in Credits and items, cause i need my credits.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-05-2010, 01:13 AM
I suggest to put in a shared bank slot or something to put in Credits and items, cause i need my credits. [/quote]

I just made a fleet, you just need help from 4 other guys when forming it. After you made the fleet, and are the leader, they drop out of your fleet, and you can invite your own characters, and then you have a shared bank, where you can share credits, and what ever...
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-05-2010, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnlaxor
I just made a fleet, you just need help from 4 other guys when forming it. After you made the fleet, and are the leader, they drop out of your fleet, and you can invite your own characters, and then you have a shared bank, where you can share credits, and what ever...
I tried that multiple times. Never got more than one to help me.