Lt. Commander
# 1 Are Orion BO's broken?
02-21-2010, 08:40 PM
I purchased a Orion BO on the Exchange but cannot commision them. No Error - just nothing happens?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2010, 10:23 PM
Dumb question, but are you a fed or a klink?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Dumb question, but are you a fed or a klink?
Fed.... are you saying that the exchange will allow you to purchase the officer from another faction with no warning that they are not usable by your faction?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2010, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth2Power
Fed.... are you saying that the exchange will allow you to purchase the officer from another faction with no warning that they are not usable by your faction?
You would be correct there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2010, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Bingo!

There is a Klingon icon next to the BO and none of their actual skills are listed, but nothing saying outright "you can't use these guys".
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2010, 07:42 AM
Actually that Orion BO will tell you, that she, as an honorable warrior of the Klingon Empire, will not fall into your tricks to lure her into federation service.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
I especially liked the Fed player who was selling "Orion Slave Girls" for your bridge crew on Earth Space Dock. He mailed himself a bunch of Orion BOs from his Klingon toon and was sellimg them (in chat, not the exchange) for 300k each. Course he "forgot" to mention that you could not use them in his sales pitch.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Haha, Askara. Pardon to those players who got into trouble from this issue, but that was a funny story to tell gamer friends...

I would pay more for such a BO-officer than I'd pay for useful ones. (No offense meant, but sometimes it's fun to be a bit politically incorrect.)
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-22-2010, 12:36 PM
I am understandabally dissapointed.... That money is probally gone and it could have been readily prevented by a proper design of the exchange. I will not throw a tantrum over this - just need to keep things in perspective

Now to make some Lemonade and get the sour taste out,,,

Ya know - Getting a Orion BO (or the ability to use one) would make a Great Mission or perhaps Store item. -

If ya agree, post a reply and let folks know you agree.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-22-2010, 12:44 PM
I commissioned one of the Alien bridge officers and with some tinkering at the tailor, she now physically looks like an Orion - she's one of my tactical officers. I hadn't noticed the actual Orions could even show up despite not being able to use them.

Ok, they may not be a real Orion, but they look the part.