Lt. Commander
# 1 not giving me free 30 days
02-21-2010, 09:01 PM
I just made a huge mistake and paid 54 dollars for this game. (star trek online) now after I installed the game, and enter my serial.. it asks me what subscription I would like to purchase. I don't want to purchase a subscription, I just want to try out my free 30 days and play. It won't even accept my serial unless I am going to purchase a subscription with it! This is bs, and if nobody from tech support will help me I am going to take this game back and demand my money!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2010, 09:04 PM
You can simply put in a subscription and cancel immediately. You DO get 30 days free. This is how all MMOs work.

Fill out the subscription info required, then go to your account and cancel the subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2010, 09:05 PM
You can subscribe with a Paypal account.... just sayin...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgpbseamonkey View Post
I just made a huge mistake and paid 54 dollars for this game. (star trek online) now after I installed the game, and enter my serial.. it asks me what subscription I would like to purchase. I don't want to purchase a subscription, I just want to try out my free 30 days and play. It won't even accept my serial unless I am going to purchase a subscription with it! This is bs, and if nobody from tech support will help me I am going to take this game back and demand my money!
No one from Cryptic is going to help you. Check the retail box; "Subscription Required" is noted on it. The 30-Days is awarded for signing up for a subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2010, 09:58 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Your Pal, Indigofyre
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Every single p2p mmo is like this, the charge won't be placed till the end of those 30 days anyways.
PS. Racist comments aren't going to get you anywhere on the internet.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgpbseamonkey View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Your Pal, Indigofyre.
Hey watch your language! I have reported you. Racist language is not allowed. You are on a MMO now with thousands of people from around the world playing. That kind of language will not be tolerated and will get you banned.