Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Sunday Lag was really bad
02-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Seriously Cryptic, I don't know how many more times we need to keep saying this in the forums or in game where everyone is complaining about it, do something about the lag during peak times, yes the game is popular, so get off your butts and do something about it, order in some more servers to handle it, I could barely move my ship all day today.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2010, 10:35 PM
I had many problems where, while I could move my character, he would be running toward somewhere and then instantly be back to where he started, running to the same place.

I'm not very familiar with this term, but would this be considered "lag" or would it fall under something else?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
I had many problems where, while I could move my character, he would be running toward somewhere and then instantly be back to where he started, running to the same place.

I'm not very familiar with this term, but would this be considered "lag" or would it fall under something else?
Term its called is "Rubber Banding", and yes its from lag from the server.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2010, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueamdgamer View Post
Term its called is "Rubber Banding", and yes its from lag from the server.
Thank you so much for educating me on the terminology, as well as giving me a reason. I was gettin' ready to pull my hair out. lol