Lt. Commander
# 1 Game critics are stupid
02-22-2010, 04:24 AM
Here is a list of Star Trek game rankings from highest to lowest. You can clearly see that these people can not be trusted to rate these things. Form your own opinion and don't look up critics.

Go to gamefly and lookup the user reviews for most games.

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.h...arch=star+trek
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2010, 04:28 AM
What are you trying to say?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2010, 04:29 AM
I appreciate the last two sentences.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2010, 04:36 AM
I dunno they seem pretty much about right for the trek games, although personally i woulda put Birth of the Fed Waaaaaay up higher on the list......but meh they got the great ones fairly where they should be.

What's wrong with it?

Or were you trying to say that you think STO should be higher? I would answer that with.....no it is probably fine right about where it is in it's current condition that is. It does have the potential to be one of the best but right now I would say that Birth of the Fed, Elite Forces, Armada, SFC, even Away team and in it's day 25th anniversary are all better than STO is at this moment. I have prob forgotten a few there but of all of them Birth of the Feds was my fave by far.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2010, 04:37 AM
I guess he is trying to say that STO is a good game because there is a random ranking of random Star trek games in the internets...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2010, 04:40 AM
I posted this because people were saying this was getting bad reviews. The thing is we had TOO great of an expectation of STO. It is way better than legacy and voyager elite force.

Don't trust critics only users. I gave gamefly as a good example to look at even though they do not do MMO's.

Yes it was rushed but it can only go up from here.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2010, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowitup View Post
I posted this because people were saying this was getting bad reviews. The thing is we had TOO great of an expectation of STO. It is way better than legacy and voyager elite force.

Don't trust critics only users. I gave gamefly as a good example to look at even though they do not do MMO's.

Way better than Elite Force? Erm Did you even play that game? Ok I apologise I am sorry for saying it like that but seriously.....Elite Force was AWESOME!!! I can't believe anyone could think STO in it's current state could be better? Can you go to deck 10 and avert a warp core breach in STO? Can you wander around the whole ship in STO? Can you even fiddle with the Lcars and annoy the captain in STO? Lol that game was just superb.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-22-2010, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebleo
although personally i woulda put Birth of the Fed Waaaaaay up higher on the list......but meh they got the great ones fairly where they should be.
This ^^

Even now I play Botf from time-to-time. Great game.

I am not sure about Elite Force 1 but Elite Force 2 was epic. The first one on Voyager while really good, was not as good as the second.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-22-2010, 04:50 AM
I think the point the OP is trying to make is that one shouldn't base one's like or dislike of a game on what reviewers think.

I like STO. Does it have problems? Yes. Are they frustrating sometimes? Sure. But in the end I enjoy the game. I just wish I could like it without forum trolls and reviewers pressuring me about it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-22-2010, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowitup View Post

The reviews are pretty much right on form my experience so far. If you like the game, great. But I think most of the reviews I have read have been very fair as to the state of this game.