Lt. Commander
# 11
02-22-2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabonam View Post
This ^^

Even now I play Botf from time-to-time. Great game.

I am not sure about Elite Force 1 but Elite Force 2 was epic. The first one on Voyager while really good, was not as good as the second.
Yes Botf was sublime.....I spent many many many weeks/months w/e playing that game. I lost my copy (

I think i could bear the lack of content in STO if I could go play Botf inbetween lol

I tried downloading a rip of it once but the darn thing just wouldn't play (stoopid security)
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-22-2010, 04:55 AM
Critics, whether game, movie, music, or whatever, simply state their opinions. As such, they cannot be "wrong", as opinion is not fact.

You disagree with them... that's all.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-22-2010, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebleo
Way better than Elite Force? Erm Did you even play that game? Ok I apologise I am sorry for saying it like that but seriously.....Elite Force was AWESOME!!! I can't believe anyone could think STO in it's current state could be better? Can you go to deck 10 and avert a warp core breach in STO? Can you wander around the whole ship in STO? Can you even fiddle with the Lcars and annoy the captain in STO? Lol that game was just superb.
You are associating the awesomeness that is Star Trek as being a ship. Star Trek is more than that. You want to be a captain in the ship doing menial things which is fine but that is not what this game is. Kinda like people comparing it to EVE because it happens to take place in space.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-22-2010, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowitup View Post
Yes it was rushed but it can only go up from here.
Unfortunately, you are incorrect in that assumption. It can go in any direction. That means it can get worse. But in all likelihood, STO will stay much like it is now for the next 12 months, just with a little more of the same depth of content.

Did you know that the banquet scene in ST6 (the undiscovered country) was shot using the TNG conference room set?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-22-2010, 05:39 AM
Quote:
I posted this because people were saying this was getting bad reviews. The thing is we had TOO great of an expectation of STO. It is way better than legacy and voyager elite force.

Don't trust critics only users. I gave gamefly as a good example to look at even though they do not do MMO's.

Well as a player i would say that the 58% average score this mmo is getting is very generous, it is severly lacking in many things and can hardly be classed as an mmo with all the sharding here it feels like playing call of duty on a 40 player map and they dont call that an mmo. Cryptic have a lot of work to do to fix this game and like many others i wont be renewing my subscription at the end of this month and to be honest feel like i have been ripped of by them. I will probably check back in 4-6 months to see if everyone that has been leaving this game has changed it at all..

Ok flame away i dont care what you fanboys say because i know when a lot of the player base leaves it isnt good for the game you love flaws and all.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-22-2010, 05:46 AM
I don't trust the critics with my fun factor at all. It was critics in the 70"s that said Star Wars was horrible and ill-made movie. Critics told me that Survivors was a good show, etc, etc. I don't trust the critics.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-22-2010, 05:47 AM
Quote:
You are associating the awesomeness that is Star Trek as being a ship. Star Trek is more than that. You want to be a captain in the ship doing menial things which is fine but that is not what this game is. Kinda like people comparing it to EVE because it happens to take place in space.
I do agree that Star Trek is MORE than just about a ship.....however I completely dissagree with your assumption that I simply want to do menial things in STO. I was simply pointing out how it made you feel totally emmersed in Star Trek goodness THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH. Unlike STO which does at times shine with the missions like City on the edge of never etc (you know what ones I'm talking about) but for the most part you are just repeating the same things over and over with little sense of acchievement.

It kind of reminds me of that gellatenous cube eats villager game that was joked about in Waynes world.

It's hip, it's cool, it's Ropers arcade (see what i did there? changed Noah for Roper?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
Unfortunately, you are incorrect in that assumption. It can go in any direction. That means it can get worse. But in all likelihood, STO will stay much like it is now for the next 12 months, just with a little more of the same depth of content.

Did you know that the banquet scene in ST6 (the undiscovered country) was shot using the TNG conference room set?
And no I did not know that.......awesome nugget of trek info there!!!
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-22-2010, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebleo
I dunno they seem pretty much about right for the trek games, although personally i woulda put Birth of the Fed Waaaaaay up higher on the list......but meh they got the great ones fairly where they should be.

What's wrong with it?

Or were you trying to say that you think STO should be higher? I would answer that with.....no it is probably fine right about where it is in it's current condition that is. It does have the potential to be one of the best but right now I would say that Birth of the Fed, Elite Forces, Armada, SFC, even Away team and in it's day 25th anniversary are all better than STO is at this moment. I have prob forgotten a few there but of all of them Birth of the Feds was my fave by far.
Heck, even a final unity was better than this. It took me longer to master.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
I posted this because people were saying this was getting bad reviews. The thing is we had TOO great of an expectation of STO. It is way better than legacy and voyager elite force.

Don't trust critics only users. I gave gamefly as a good example to look at even though they do not do MMO's.

sad thing is though alot of users are giving the same reviews the crtics are.

game has issues hope they fix it like they said they would
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-22-2010, 12:31 PM
im surprised bridge commander or armada isn't on top... oh and yes elite force was awesome, but a tad clunky. but there was no problem immersing myself into the universe, something that is my major gripe with this game, i can forgive bugs and clunky control but lack of immersion is unforgivable, its what seperates gaming from other entertainment media.