Lt. Commander
# 11
02-22-2010, 05:42 AM
The forums would have WAAAAAAAY more trolls.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-22-2010, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
You'd get a quest to bring someone 20 Targ Beast Eyes (lolwut?), and would then have to kill 50 Targ Beasts to get 20 Targ Beast Eyes.

You'd get the same quest in every area, but the item would change, as would what you'd have to kill to get said item.
That would be targ heads. And only every 3rd targ would have a head. I would /boggle at all the headless targ.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-22-2010, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merls
That would be targ heads. And only every 3rd targ would have a head. I would /boggle at all the headless targ.
In WoW's defense the ridiculousness of not finding bear paws on a bear, or eyes on a spider, started before WoW.

Not being able to find "undamaged" eyes, I can understand, to a degree.
But not being able to find ANY eyes on a creature that has the most eyes of all is downright ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-22-2010, 05:59 AM
Even almost three weeks after launch, there's still be hours-long login queues, and you'd get DC'ed when you finally got in. When you sat through said queue again, you'd be missing all of your gear.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-22-2010, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Even almost three weeks after launch, there's still be hours-long login queues, and you'd get DC'ed when you finally got in. When you sat through said queue again, you'd be missing all of your gear.
And when in a Crystaline Entity fight.....someone would shout "Leeroy!" and ram the CE ...and kill it!

Hang on....
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-22-2010, 06:00 AM
Although I dont like WoW at all - it would have been a far greater game.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-22-2010, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpants View Post
Although I dont like WoW at all - it would have been a far greater game.
Agreed in part.....I moderately like WOW BUT Blizzard have NOT ONCE let me down as a customer and I know that they work damn hard to bring out a game that is as polished as it can be within reason. Take Diablo 3 for instance (building upon the awesome game that is D2 ofc) it has been in the works for absolutely AGES and they are taking their time and I am completely confident that it will completely blow my socks off.

As a company I have more faith in Blizzards games than CCP, SOE, Flagship (thank god they went under) and erm oh yeah so far Cryptic. There are prob others but my noggin is achey and I need more coffee.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-22-2010, 06:16 AM
People wouldn't be able to finish their quests, because Klingons would take over Earth Spacedock and kill all of the NPC's.

There'd be a big green arrow above your character pointing at Sulu, and a big green dot on the minimap pointing him out.

People would still spam Zone chat asking "Where's Sulu?"
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-22-2010, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbleskin View Post
Just for a luagh what do you think STO would have been like if the rights to the game would have been sold/given to Blizzard instead of cyptic.

This is just for fun so dont all freck out, So Post you idea's and funny comments here
We would of had to wait at least another 12 months before release.

The characters would of looked cartoon like - remember the animated series of star trek? mix that with the Star trek song of tato heads.

Better ground mode would feel a lot better but look cartoony - more then it does.
Worse Star ship mode - would look badly!!!

overall - It would not feel star trekky

I came here aiming for StarShips which I must say only improvement i can think of is the detail isnt as good as I had hoped.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-22-2010, 06:25 AM
<avid wow and sto player>

If STO was WoW:
*Klignons would dominate PVP, and Feddies would be up in arms constantly that the Kli's have an unfair geographical advantage.
*Drops off defeated ships would be fought over to the point of flame wars on the forums and massive bank raids.
*Everyone would have a separate character just to hold all their useless junk at ESD, and they would all be vulcan females in skimpy outfits.
*You would have to spend the first 60 hours of game time in ground combat until they gave you a ship to command, and then you'd be pulled off your ship anytime you wanted to fight.
*All enemies would give you some energy credits for killing them, and other completely useless junk to shove in your replicators, not just batteries.
*Crafting would be insanely involved with getting all the right little pieces and spending hours making self sealing stembolts to throw on the exchange just to make one EPS relay.

If WoW was STO
*You;d have just three classes: Warrior, Mage, and Druid (Eng, Tac, Sci)
*You'd get a few mats here and there and never know when you skill up crafting.
*There would be no dungeons, just big open areas teaming with one, and only one, type of horde race at a time.
**and you would not see them until you were in casting range, when they suddenly unstealth and hit you with PoM-PBs all at once.
*You'd see a load screen every time you entered town, every time you took a flight path, and every time you turned in a quest.
*You would STILL have people asking "Where's Mankrik's wife?"
*No professions, and you can only craft items in a shop way out in the boonies of the barrens.
*You would get to have civilian cloths/uniforms, but it all gets covered by the same armor as everyone else (Which you cannot customize...wait a minute, that's there already )