Lt. Commander
# 51
02-22-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salex
Come on, you do not even believe what your writing
Thank you for proving the point of my previous post.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-22-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
*High five* good one
*Standing in attention completely ignoring the raised hand.*

In the name of all WoW fanboyism I'll have to ask you though to shut up now as you embarrass our kind.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-22-2010, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Yeah, you're SOOOO not a Blizzard fanboy. That's why you came in and destroyed what was a fun thread, talking about how TOTALLY AWESOME Blizzard is, and how there's never been anything wrong with any Blizzard game, ever.
The mere fact that people are comparing what Blizzard would do to a star trek game compared to what cryptic has done is nothing more than laughable.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-22-2010, 07:57 AM
"Come on, you do not even believe what your writing "

OK, it was sort of a cop out.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-22-2010, 08:08 AM
They would release the game when it's ready.
They would just buy out all of star trek licence and wipe their collective asses with the deadline papers. The game would have better graphics that still run better. (like starcraft 2/ diablo 3)
All THREE/FOUR sides would be finshed with full quests.
The "grind" wouldnt really start untill year 3 of the game.
It would sell 3 million copies, have multiple servers and even though they would be overloaded with millions of happy customers it would still be a better launch that this horrid half ass finished shooter.

STO is a decent stab at a mmorpg but it's no where near blizzard quality. Don't start a thread like this and expect to "win @ internet". WOW 5 years in with all its horrid grind / ez mode / same old same old - but guess what it delivers a lot more vaulue to the end user than STO does. I'm sorry I had high hopes for this game, I really wanted to play klingons or romulans - neither faction is really in the game.

For the past month or so I played klingons - I don't see why I have to pay the same full price as ppl who play feds. The box / advertising prommised 2 sides that are both amazing fun to play. That's a lie.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-22-2010, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbleskin View Post
Just for a luagh what do you think STO would have been like if the rights to the game would have been sold/given to Blizzard instead of cyptic.
1000 times better than it is now.
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-22-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
The mere fact that people are comparing what Blizzard would do to a star trek game compared to what cryptic has done is nothing more than laughable.
Or, maybe, we were having fun picking on WoW, and you couldn't handle that, so you had to prove your fanboyism by defending the sanctity of WoW. I mean, after all, how could ANYONE say ANYTHING bad about WoW, right? It's the bestest gaem evar!!! Nobody could possibly say anything is wrong with WoW.

Oh, wait...
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-22-2010, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Or, maybe, we were having fun picking on WoW, and you couldn't handle that, so you had to prove your fanboyism by defending the sanctity of WoW. I mean, after all, how could ANYONE say ANYTHING bad about WoW, right? It's the bestest gaem evar!!! Nobody could possibly say anything is wrong with WoW.

Oh, wait...
It's better than STo and better than anything Cryptic ever made Everrrrrr
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-22-2010, 08:17 AM
I'll just say first that I really doubt Blizzard would ever sign on to do another company's IP in a game. I think they just like doing their own thing too much and want to be in control of the content.

But if they did...

The game would have launched with 5 times more content.

Both factions would have been completed.

PVP would be fun and there would actually be incentive to do it.

There would be lots of glowing armor pieces.

They would have been able to afford to use actual Star Trek music.

They likely would have found a way to integrate JJ's Trek into the game a bit more.

We'd be stuck in a looting animation for the first month until they added enough servers.

We'd get real cutscenes and new cutscenes for major content releases.

The overall polish and quality would be on a level that no other MMOs seem to have reached ... well maybe ****, but the gameplay kills it ...
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-22-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
You'd get the same quest in every area, but the item would change, as would what you'd have to kill to get said item.
and how is this different to 'Scan this plant, now scan 4 more plants' on Planet A, 'Scan this rock, now scan 4 more rocks' on Planet B and 'Scan this grave, now scan 4 more graves' on Planet C'?
Ahh, you don't usually have to kill things, good point, well made.