Lt. Commander
# 21
02-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
A large and open PvP zone that will allow different factions to gain control of variuos systems, sectors and the like so we can have a player controlled war setting. Not to mention proffessions that would allow a player to function in such an enviroment. ei: smugglers, spies and the like.
This could be the neutral zone. Treat it like a Lake Wintergrasp in ********.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-22-2010, 10:47 AM
If you want to know what this game needs in 2 words... it comes down to CONTENT and VARIETY.

I like whats done so far, but I personally think that there needs to be some kind of more personal story with your character specifically. you start off as part of of the military, but how did your career begin in starfleet or the KDF? How did you end up on that ship that initiated your fateful journy through the ranks of starfleet.

At present.. we all do the same missions to get to the same place at the same time.. the only difference to date is whether you go science engineering or tactical. The way you fight is different, but all the content is exactly the same regardless of career path.. it doesn't matter if you are Vulcan, Andorian, Human, or any of the other races. I want to know how my character did at the academy I want to take the Kobayashi Maru test. I want my beginning story as a vulcan to be different than as an andorian, and actually seeing same racial-specific quests along your travels would definitely bring a pretty cool feel to the game.

I would also like to see sector space expanded greatly in the existing systems and races, especially before adding new playable races.. such as the romulans, cardassians, or the borg.

As i've said before, Cryptic has a good game on their hands, but now its up to them to make it a great game.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-22-2010, 11:12 AM
A Challenge - 2 weeks of casual gameplay to complete the game?
Trade in consumables etc.
manufacturing
ship/console - modification give me 7 front cannons and watch my backside get kicked.
open pvp everywhere
total customisation
Piracy
twitch/skill based combat (not target and break space bar)
Something to lose - apart from the 200 quid lifetime subscription
Increase instance sizes - make it seem more like an mmorpg
3 dimensional space/maps - ground games are inherantly 2d, space is 3d, yet it's not!
rotate universe around ship in Z axis.
stop with the popups instantly after you've destroyed ( a soon to explode and kill you) a ship
More ground expansion
Wildlife - explored the entire sector and found no animal life.
Discoveries of new systems/planets
Epic, unbeatable fleet actions which actually require engineers/cruiser tanks, science healers etc. and serious tactics
epic unbeatable ground fleet actions
(when i say unbeatable i mean weeks and weeks of fleets developing tactics to kill maim, destroy, muhahahaaa)
I could see a massive fleet action destroying a planets or systems defences step by step, and then liberating the planet with fleet ground actions...

apologies.. went on a bit.

Jim