Lt. Commander
# 1 Kling PVP Arena/Content Ideas
02-22-2010, 06:12 AM
As an alternative to adding PVE content to kling, I was thinking about new types of pvp combat:

Capture the flag, flag carriers cant use cloak or other 'unfair' abilities and must return it to their capture zone

Soccer, ful contact match to shoot or bump a large ball into a goal zone

limiting spawn in certain hard core matches

50 point cage matches fought in a confined space

smeer the Q entity... one player of either faction is marked and their faction has to defend him, while the opposite has to kill him, alot of debris to hide use to limit Line of sight, no defending respawn till Q entity is killed

etc, lets come up with 100 pvp match type ideas!

---------------
Cage match, a 15 player no holds bar match w/ everyone as everyone elses enemy

Battle Royale, randomized teams where faction is not considered, K&Fs vs K&Fs!

-------------

Leagues!

2v2

5v5

10v10

some kind of ranking system? fleet records for overall pvp? individual ratings? would add new leves of competition
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2010, 06:16 AM
Also can we clean up the pvp menu a bit?

A) move the support button to the esc menu and put a static pvp button in its place
B) Block out catagory button that when clicked give a list of sizes/factions in that catagory.. i.e.

You see a 3x3 grid approx 80x80 squares, one is marked "capture and hold" one is "Cracked Planet Arena" one is "Mine" etc, when you click one it generates a list like what we see now but only showing:

FvK small
FVK Large
KvK small
KvK Large

etc.... perhaps under the title and icon it can be showed the total number queued in that entire catagory
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2010, 06:17 AM
Daydreaming is fun isnt it?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2010, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenikis View Post
Daydreaming is fun isnt it?
y not? content will get added, lets get some fun pvp games eh?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2010, 06:21 AM
Oh, id love to have new pvp game types, maps, open pvp/rvr etc. I just dont see it happening, not in any decent time frame anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2010, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenikis View Post
Oh, id love to have new pvp game types, maps, open pvp/rvr etc. I just dont see it happening, not in any decent time frame anyway.
this is not WoW, its a newly released game w/ an issue w/ content that the devs are well aware of, if ever there was a time to make GOOD suggestions that might be popular, THIS is it for STO
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2010, 06:56 AM
I have.... many times.... in many threads....
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-22-2010, 11:22 PM
added 2 new ideas at the bottom of OP
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-22-2010, 11:59 PM
Problem is they are a small team. They released a game with less then 2 years of development. They have more then they know what to do with. Even if they did know what to do with it, they don't have the resources to do it quickly and correctly. It is all small and subtle... Time is not on their side and they may not get it's trust in time. This is like a grill in a cafeteria, great idea but the burgers are not up to par, and not ready for the masses or the rush.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojokujo
Problem is they are a small team. They released a game with less then 2 years of development. They have more then they know what to do with. Even if they did know what to do with it, they don't have the resources to do it quickly and correctly. It is all small and subtle... Time is not on their side and they may not get it's trust in time. This is like a grill in a cafeteria, great idea but the burgers are not up to par, and not ready for the masses or the rush.
possibly, but they ARE good ideas and should be heard. who expects them to be available day after tomorrow? but they will never come out if they are not heard