Lt. Commander
# 1 Suddenly terrible in PvP
02-22-2010, 06:40 AM
My K character was doing fine as a Commander, but as a Captain 1, I suddenly found that my new shiny Battlecruiser was way overmatched, despite being objectively better than the K'Tinga in all ways.
So I switched to BOP, but am not finding it a lot better. (It's made of tissue paper!)

Basically it seems the Feds gain alot more abilities in T4, especially on Science ships and cruisers, that are hard to compensate for.

Somebody enlighten me on what I'm doing wrong here...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2010, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
but as a Captain 1
Gain levels. Going into PVP at the bottom of the bracket will -always- put you at a severe disadvantage.

The 'litmus test' would be to observe your grade differential to your opponents.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2010, 06:48 AM
Well, that's true that being at the bottom of the rank is tough, but I had fewer problems as Cmndr 1.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2010, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Well, that's true that being at the bottom of the rank is tough, but I had fewer problems as Cmndr 1.
Well, consider that at T4, players now have access to Cmd officer abilities. This alone makes the T4 PVP bracket far more difficult than T3.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2010, 06:52 AM
Yeah, I just got to T4 also, and it's been a mixed bag for me.

One on one, I think I'm holding my own, but, it's rarely one -vs- one.

What usually happens:

2 or 3 cloaked Klingons find a single Fed away from the ball, and team up on the one Fed.
While we're all contrating fire on the one, the ball moves in, and now we're outnumbered 5, 6, 7+ -vs- our 2 or 3 and we're gang ***** in seconds.

In even numbers, I think we're ok, it's just we seldom have even numbers, the Feds almost always have us out numbered.

just my 2 cents worth...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2010, 06:56 AM
It's hit or miss depending on your officer setup. You can run with mostly healing self and friend abilities or go with a more self only rsp approach. I personally did straight up support of people or myself (engi team emitters extend etc) and came out fine. I think I changed to an rsp more me thing at 43 when I played with the carrier. Anyhoo stick with it.

Oh and feds have always had more unless you run in a pug group or premade that's full. Doesn't matter what tier you're in.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2010, 07:06 AM
Quote:
My K character was doing fine as a Commander, but as a Captain 1, I suddenly found that my new shiny Battlecruiser was way overmatched, despite being objectively better than the K'Tinga in all ways.
So I switched to BOP, but am not finding it a lot better. (It's made of tissue paper!)

Basically it seems the Feds gain alot more abilities in T4, especially on Science ships and cruisers, that are hard to compensate for.

Somebody enlighten me on what I'm doing wrong here...
Check your gear , check your boff layouts . Also level does make a large difference now.. A lot more Skill points to get from cap1 to cap 10 . My BC is nuts , to the point where its not fun . I will try to upload a pic that shows what I mean.

Found it . This isn't the norm , there are usually more Klings but the outcome is mostly the same. And yes I know this kind of thing doesn't happen to premades but as of right now the player skill level in t4 fed side is horrid.
http://yfrog.com/5zscreenshot2010021816151j
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-22-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
Gain levels. Going into PVP at the bottom of the bracket will -always- put you at a severe disadvantage.
Being "new" will also put you at the top of the enemies hit list. I fly in a Clan Group and we chuckle if we see a -5 or better. With concentrated fire they go *poof* in seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-22-2010, 07:11 AM
one strat that works well in t4 is to l2p.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Go buy mark VIII white weapons firstly . Second invest in good console at the auction house , possibly shields if you can find and afford them . Until you've the medals to obtain the necessary equipment it sucks.