Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-22-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker2009 View Post
exactly, what's your point :-)

My point was, it's more about the numbers at this point...
Yeah I know what you meant just lol'd at the way it read
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-22-2010, 11:34 AM
I personal despisehow we are segregated by rank...especially ebcause he disparity between high and low levels within the same rank is so great. I hate the rollercoaster feeling of being near the top of a rank, then instantly dropping to the botom once you rank up. I feel only encourages the mindless PvP grind since its hard to take your first 5 levels of a rank serious in PvP...there really isnt much you can do to improve your odds.

Instead, I'd prefer mixed tier PvP so that way one experiences a much more natural constant rate of improvement. Yes you'll likly get beat by higher rank ships, but you'll alsohave the chance to participate in group actions to give yu the thril of being a level 21 who helped deeat a level 46.

But you'll see your progress, each rank allows you to see a decreasing number of folks who truly out match you , and an increasing amount of folks who you out-math...but there will always be a place for you in every match. Granted that play will be highly variable, but it removes the 5 levels or so of dead-end as you just enter a rank.

The mixed teir PvP will allow one to actually appreciate their time in each level, especially since the next rank wouldnt produce any perdicatable spikes in combat viability...no more "5 level loser" syndromes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-22-2010, 11:38 AM
You could only mix the player tiers if you resricted the ship tiers. Otherwise it would be even more of a slaughter, not less.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-22-2010, 11:45 AM
IMHO:

Any player level should be able to play any Tier.

Skills squired in a higher tier cannot be used in a lower tier.

Ships can play in their own tier, or higher, (can't take a higher tier ship into a lower tier).

Now in T4, soon to be T5, it doesn't make sense for me to ever play my K'Tinga, because I'd have to play it in T5, which would get slaughtered.

I should be able to go back to T3 and play my K'Tinga if I want to, but, of course, restrict me to T3 ruleset.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-22-2010, 11:54 AM
just allow people to have the option to queue up any level they want.

But hoenstly we need to thik beyond arena play and consider mixed teir PvP as part of open PvP within an objective based war campaign.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker2009 View Post
IMHO:
Any player level should be able to play any Tier.
Skills squired in a higher tier cannot be used in a lower tier.
Ships can play in their own tier, or higher, (can't take a higher tier ship into a lower tier).
Now in T4, soon to be T5, it doesn't make sense for me to ever play my K'Tinga, because I'd have to play it in T5, which would get slaughtered.
I should be able to go back to T3 and play my K'Tinga if I want to, but, of course, restrict me to T3 ruleset.
Yeah, that would be fun. I'd lean towards allowing higher level equipment, but maybe not even that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker2009 View Post
IMHO:

Any player level should be able to play any Tier.

Skills squired in a higher tier cannot be used in a lower tier.

Ships can play in their own tier, or higher, (can't take a higher tier ship into a lower tier).

Now in T4, soon to be T5, it doesn't make sense for me to ever play my K'Tinga, because I'd have to play it in T5, which would get slaughtered.

I should be able to go back to T3 and play my K'Tinga if I want to, but, of course, restrict me to T3 ruleset.
Not necessarily true, took my vorcha into tier 5 for a bit because i like that ship best, it held its own remarkably well, and you wouldnt be able to drop down a tier over the fact you have skill pionts invested in other things that the lower tier does not have access to, which would give an unfair advantage despite the smae ship class.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-22-2010, 12:20 PM
I plan on playing my Vor'cha ALOT in Tier 5. Even if it's not as strong, it's still my favorite ship, so, for me, the fun factor will outweigh my competitiveness. For my 1 point Tier 5 ship, I'll probably go BoP.

That way I'll have my Vor'Cha and the BoP if I feel the need to go in with battle cloak.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker2009 View Post
I plan on playing my Vor'cha ALOT in Tier 5. Even if it's not as strong, it's still my favorite ship, so, for me, the fun factor will outweigh my competitiveness. For my 1 point Tier 5 ship, I'll probably go BoP.

That way I'll have my Vor'Cha and the BoP if I feel the need to go in with battle cloak.
I tried allthe ships in tier 5
- Carrier = wow its slow and not really that good in my opinion
- BOP = i tried it for a few matches but unless you got some dedicated support from others you are very squishy
- Neghvar = i ended up sticking with this as i had to get rid of my vorcha for the extra consoles and BOFF
its a tough ship to kill, got over a million damage with it in a match today aswell as over 350k healing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
02-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker2009 View Post
Yeah, I just got to T4 also, and it's been a mixed bag for me.

One on one, I think I'm holding my own, but, it's rarely one -vs- one.

What usually happens:

2 or 3 cloaked Klingons find a single Fed away from the ball, and team up on the one Fed.
While we're all contrating fire on the one, the ball moves in, and now we're outnumbered 5, 6, 7+ -vs- our 2 or 3 and we're gang ***** in seconds.

In even numbers, I think we're ok, it's just we seldom have even numbers, the Feds almost always have us out numbered.

just my 2 cents worth...
You never mention if there are more players on one team than the other. Was that the case? I'm going to simply guess you are talking about an even match and you are simply flying around expecting your team to follow you. Or others doing that same thing. Here is a tip if you find yourself outnumbered:

Fly with your team. Stop going Rambo and expecting to win against the odds. Stop flying off to pick off a single Fed ship because odds are it's bait. Stay-with-your-team. I absolutely hate when my own team does this, flying off chasing something and I cannot support them with heals or CC. They just die 50+ km away because they behave like drooling dogs who chase any rabbit that crosses their path.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:13 AM.