Lt. Commander
# 1 nerf feds!
02-22-2010, 07:01 AM
While they complain about our cloak they are out in pve farming their engines that add to all 4 power levels and several other special items that do special modifications that klingons don't ever have access too...

Long story short, lots of threads summerized into one thing. The game is only 2 weeks old, give it another month before you cry nerfs...Not all the content is even in yet...you balance sides now before it happens it will just off-balance things again
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2010, 07:03 AM
Could you please write the "other several" special items, wich i have missed while leveling up my chars ?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2010, 09:20 AM
I'm all for Klingers having access to this type of stuff, too, but just for the record, I'm pretty sure the efficient impulse engine is only available in the MK IV variety, so if you stick with it too long, you miss out on the speed and maneuverability that newer engines offer.

Edit: Side question: can Klingons not purchase these on the exchange?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Could you please write the "other several" special items, wich i have missed while leveling up my chars ?
Off the top of my head, the ones I remember on my lt cmdr fed were the efficient engines with +5 to most power levels, paratrinic shield array which had a higher cap then my Captain 9 klingon has and was available at lt cmdr 3, and repulsion ground shield which is apparently available in higher ranks and makes melee more or less useless
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulgur
Off the top of my head, the ones I remember on my lt cmdr fed were the efficient engines with +5 to most power levels, paratrinic shield array which had a higher cap then my Captain 9 klingon has and was available at lt cmdr 3, and repulsion ground shield which is apparently available in higher ranks and makes melee more or less useless
The engine and the CAP shield come out of the same mission as a reward so you couldn't have both, you had to choose 1. They both became irrelevant with Captain level PVP rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIgmo
I'm all for Klingers having access to this type of stuff, too, but just for the record, I'm pretty sure the efficient impulse engine is only available in the MK IV variety, so if you stick with it too long, you miss out on the speed and maneuverability that newer engines offer.

Edit: Side question: can Klingons not purchase these on the exchange?
No, as far as I know the exchanges are seperate fed vs klingon, we only get access to blue items really and its always the same kind, crit chance increase or crit severity as an example, sometimes both if its blue, but thats about it, everything is stock, there are no items for quest rewards other then BO's all the way up to the top.

Klingons only get standard drops/equipment.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonwulf
The engine and the CAP shield come out of the same mission as a reward so you couldn't have both, you had to choose 1. They both became irrelevant with Captain level PVP rewards.
The shield also has an abysmally low regen rate if I remember correctly. If the fed and klingon exchanges really ARE separate, that needs to be changed. If a RP reason is demanded, just have the exchange be managed by the Ferrengi.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellahane View Post
No, as far as I know the exchanges are seperate fed vs klingon, we only get access to blue items really and its always the same kind, crit chance increase or crit severity as an example, sometimes both if its blue, but thats about it, everything is stock, there are no items for quest rewards other then BO's all the way up to the top.

Klingons only get standard drops/equipment.
no they use the same exchange but most of the unique gear like the effeinct engine is bound to the character that receives it so i cant say get it on my fed then mail it to my kligon in fact it was done precisely to prevent that
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savaage
no they use the same exchange but most of the unique gear like the effeinct engine is bound to the character that receives it so i cant say get it on my fed then mail it to my kligon in fact it was done precisely to prevent that
The efficient engine is not bound -- I bought one off of the exchange before I knew I could get it from a quest.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIgmo
The shield also has an abysmally low regen rate if I remember correctly. If the fed and klingon exchanges really ARE separate, that needs to be changed. If a RP reason is demanded, just have the exchange be managed by the Ferrengi.
no the stats change depending on factional modifiers look at the base stats on a given shield on your fed then mail it to your Klingon and look at the base stats they will have changed