Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-22-2010, 11:13 AM
I never liked superheroes, mostly because I never understood them... now if I could be made omnipotent, sure.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT26thES
I never liked superheroes, mostly because I never understood them... now if I could be made omnipotent, sure.
No such thing... And to prove Chat would like a Q to make a rock so heavy that Q can't lift it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Yes, I'd go for it.

But I'd want to be able to precisely target where the harm to others is coming from, offer suitable warnings, then strike with ten times the force of the harm they are doing to others. If they complain, I would simply state that neither of us seem to be operating on the principle of morality.

Yes, I would be essentially Dexter with a cape.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
No such thing... And to prove Chat would like a Q to make a rock so heavy that Q can't lift it.
Hang on, gonna take a screen cap of a better look... that one is okay, but there's a better one.

[edit] Nuuuuuuu, my pc is unable to play the dvd... wait, the lappy 5000 might! [/edit]

[edit again] There, now you can give the look from either side, and with your mouth full if you wanted even. [/edit again]
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-22-2010, 11:41 AM
So we understand each other, the powers you gain would be of your picking. The only limits are what you set for yourself.

Let me add this must more.

But picking to be a hero type, someone you can't stand would gain powers as a Villian type to you. So would you still do it?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Cedric View Post
So we understand each other, the powers you gain would be of your picking. The only limits are what you set for yourself.

Let me add this must more.

But picking to be a hero type, someone you can't stand would gain powers as a Villian type to you. So would you still do it?

Twist!!

Hmm.. throw that in there and its a whole different game. Will have to dwell on this awhile.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
And true, just as super hero powers are also no such things. I'm just saying if there were such a thing discounting all of the crazy paradoxes that I'd choose omnipotence over super hero powers.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Well if the topic was about being a god, then we would say yes you can be omnipotant. But as we all know Superheros have flaws, so lets try to keep it on that level. lol
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-22-2010, 12:05 PM
hmm... an interesting question...

What if the only person who you can't stand is yourself? Would you turn into a Jekkyl/Hyde split personality type?

Would it be more fun turn down the superhero powers, but redirect the offering party to you "good friend" who you know hates your guts, so you can take the Supervillan position instead?

If you can have any superpower you want why not give yourself a power with no weaknesses? Then your nemesis can be as hateful as he likes, you're "Inwincible!"

Would it be more interesting to take an almost useless superpower ("the bones in my left foot are as hard as steel"), nigh omnipotent ("I want to be able to fly, strong enough to lift a neutron star, tough enough to survive lifting a neutron star, smart enough to solve every problem presented to me, fast enough that I can outrun time, skilled enough to... basically Chuck Norris") or bizzare but infinitely useful? ("I want to be able to fly, and I spontaneously create french fries in my wake as I do so, so I can fly back and forth whenever I want, spawning french fries and instantly solving world hunger!")

Does the supervillain get to pick his powers, or are they auto-tailored to counter your powers?

Are we allowed to fall from grace after we've helped people for awhile?

What if we manage to rehabilitate our nemesis? Does someone else take his place automatically, or are we scot free in the supervillain department?

hmm...
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
I would be all over that. What powers do I get?
I'm with Ravenstein. I'd say yes in about a second.

My powers would most likely be the ability to generate and control electricity, down to and including the electrical charge of an atom.