Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Those are very much real... Odd enough.

And yes... Power does indeed corrupt.
Or perhaps those who are above corruption are attracted by things other then power?
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Only if I had the magical power to make it rain dried marijuana buds.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-22-2010, 11:52 AM
ill do it, but only if i can be "golden shower man"
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream-Weaver
ill do it, but only if i can be "golden shower man"
They have already covered that.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT26thES
Oh for sure, I'd use another word that starts with the letter D. These comics were real, or just fan stuff?

Back to topic: if Superman is a hero, I'll take one of those please. :p I kid. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, or so they say.
Hmm maybe that's why the best hero types were not all powerful. Batman was a normal man, no superpowers. Wonder woman was an amazon, no super powers really, just like batman, take away the toys and you have a normal person in great shape doing extraordinary things.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Hmm maybe that's why the best hero types were not all powerful. Batman was a normal man, no superpowers. Wonder woman was an amazon, no super powers really, just like batman, take away the toys and you have a normal person in great shape doing extraordinary things.
I always liked Spiderman, because although he has great power due to his spider bite mutations, Spiderman was the first comic to say that "With great power, comes great responsibility."
I also always liked Spiderman because despite all his power, he has great flaws, especially social flaws. Which I think a lot of people who are into superheroes can identify with.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Well the Hero/ Villian angle can be with or without powers. The ones without powers gain powers with items, so that still counts.

Here are a few questions I should answer.

Does the supervillain get to pick his powers, or are they auto-tailored to counter your powers?

(The Supervillian would be tailored to what you pick. Think in line with Superman and his most hated Villians.)

Are we allowed to fall from grace after we've helped people for awhile?

(Even though you have powers, your still human, so you can fall from grace. But doing so would gain you more rivals from your fellow now ex-heros. They in turn would come after you now, and bring you to justice, if you do wrong that is.)

What if we manage to rehabilitate our nemesis? Does someone else take his place automatically, or are we scot free in the supervillain department?
( A new villian could take their place, after all you would be hated by many bad guy types, and they would be looking for ways to bring you down. Maybe your 1st Villian type would give the other powers to fight against you, but tries to help you undo what they did after you converted them.)
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl1919 View Post
I always liked Spiderman, because although he has great power due to his spider bite mutations, Spiderman was the first comic to say that "With great power, comes great responsibility."
I also always liked Spiderman because despite all his power, he has great flaws, especially social flaws. Which I think a lot of people who are into superheroes can identify with.

Him.. and any variety of Mutants... social outcasts and such.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-22-2010, 12:25 PM
If I HAD to choose a super power, I'd just like the ability to go 100% invisible. Not like the Invisible Boy from Mystery Men, I mean really...just go invisible.

So I can just truly relax....but if there's stipulations on it where I had to be a hero...I'd pass....because I'd be too tempted to go to the local college campus and just hang out in the Cheerleader locker/shower room
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-22-2010, 12:28 PM
But you would be faced with your nemesis, the cheerleader with eyes that can see on different levels of lighting, and she would be kicking your butt for being in there to begin with. lol